When I sync to cloud I get an error "The category "_Accrued Int" was not synced..."

I can sync a few accounts to :'( Web successfully. But when I add another account, I always get an error "The category "_Accrued Int" was not synced. Illegal Operation: {0}".

When I click OK no Repair is shown.

Sync Log shows {"code":403,"resource":{"clientId":"2bb2e1f7-2631-400c-b11d-083e64eb4832","status":"ERROR"},"errors":[{"title":"Illegal Operation: {0}","httpStatus":403,"detail":"Illegal Operation because _Accrued Int is a required category","code":"QCS-0403-2"}]},{"code":200,"resource":{"clientId":"5487bdee-a847-401d-a1ec-034dd748cc0d","id":"80710923731357443","status":"UPDATED"}} :'( :'(

Best Answer

• feitke
    feitke Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I deleted the _Accrued Int category with type of Income and then I was able to sync successfully. (I don't quite understand why right-clicking and clicking in Actions give different choices.)

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Have you by chance deleted that Category from the Category List in the desktop file?
  • feitke
    feitke Member ✭✭
    No, I haven't deleted the category.
  • feitke
    feitke Member ✭✭
    Actually I have the _Accrued Int category listed twice, once as Income and once as Expense. I have 0 usage for both categories. I don't see a way to delete either one. I also ran the File validation and it didn't change anything.
  • feitke
    feitke Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I deleted the _Accrued Int category with type of Income and then I was able to sync successfully. (I don't quite understand why right-clicking and clicking in Actions give different choices.)
This discussion has been closed.