Why won't two investments , a stock & a bond fund, show up in my Q acct.

Recent investments made in Vanguard, a stock & a bond fund, will not show up in my Q portfolio, although the transaction went thru as always. When recording dividends, Q acts as though these are new. This is Q 2019 Premier on a PC. I'm going to try to call someone in support, but I was wondering if anyone "out there" has experienced similar problems, and if so, do you have a fix?

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Newly added securities, provided they were added correctly, may not always show up automatically in Portfolio views.
    However, this is easily remedied by customizing the Portfolio view and, in the popup window, selecting the Securities tab. Either click the "Select All" button or review the list click the new securities so they have a checkmark.
  • bilhelm8
    bilhelm8 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    GeoffG: Thanks. One was entered in early August, the other back in May, so they weren't future dated. And I never turn down Q's updates, so that should be in order as well.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Can you show us both securities as they currently appear in Tools / Security List?
    Did you ever input a correct Ticker Symbol for them?

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts (Windows or Mac)

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could these be inadvertently future dated transactions? If so, they will not show until that date.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Newly added securities, provided they were added correctly, may not always show up automatically in Portfolio views.
    However, this is easily remedied by customizing the Portfolio view and, in the popup window, selecting the Securities tab. Either click the "Select All" button or review the list click the new securities so they have a checkmark.
  • bilhelm8
    bilhelm8 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for weighing in, UKR. Your suggested remedy worked up to a point, i.e., I checked everything, then cusotmized and checked the appropriate boxes. The securities showed up in holdings, but when placing the cursor on them, no symbol came up. Checked on that as well, but all was in order. Backed up Q, restarted it, then updated security prices. Nothing showed up for the two wayward securities. I've checked and rechecked everything, and it's still a mystery. Any ideas would be appreciated.
  • bilhelm8
    bilhelm8 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    GeoffG: Thanks. One was entered in early August, the other back in May, so they weren't future dated. And I never turn down Q's updates, so that should be in order as well.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Can you show us both securities as they currently appear in Tools / Security List?
    Did you ever input a correct Ticker Symbol for them?

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts (Windows or Mac)

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• bilhelm8
    bilhelm8 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, UKR et al. UKR, your bit about getting a screenshot made me realize that I hadn't checked the security list to see how these two securities were in it. Turns out that both were somehow in the 'hidden securities' roster. I fixed that, and fixed the problem in the process. I now get them listed, with symbols, and updates downloaded. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.