Is there a better solution out there anywhere than Quicken Billpay?

Options
The service and web platform from Metavante Payment Services, LLC who runs the Quicken branded Billpay is just terrible. As slick as the new Quicken is, surely they realize how lousy this corner of the platform is... Any thoughts appreciated.

Best Answer

• Martin Rice
    Martin Rice Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The institutions platform is not preferred..

An update... I have to eat crow. On the 3rd attempt I was able to get connected to a supervisor at QBP and together we discovered it was something I did which caused most of our Payees to be deleted on the QBP website. I cleaned up 11,450 'Payees' in Quicken which had accumulated since 1993; many of them dupes and when I elected to 'hide' old and no longer used payees. The ones which had fed through from the QBP site to the connected Quicken accounts were and I subsequently elected to 'hide' were deemed to be requested to be deleted by QBP. So...I caused the whole issue. Trying to unwind it now and worst case is we'll have to re-enter about 30 payee information in QBP and write a couple checks by hand. I have to say all three parties I spoke with at QBP support were extremely nice; it just took the third one who was skilled enough to figure out what happened. We're sticking with these guys...

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, you can use Chase or PNC banks for online bill payments from Quicken for free. 
  • Martin Rice
    Martin Rice Member ✭✭
    Options
    Should have noted we aren't going to change banking relationships... The one nice thing about QBP is that it accomodates multiple accounts and from different financial institutions... So we're looking for a solution LIKE QBP but with better functionality and service. For us the interface with the Quicken software is not important as we drive everything from a web platform.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    How about your bank's BillPay?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Martin Rice
    Martin Rice Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The institutions platform is not preferred..

An update... I have to eat crow. On the 3rd attempt I was able to get connected to a supervisor at QBP and together we discovered it was something I did which caused most of our Payees to be deleted on the QBP website. I cleaned up 11,450 'Payees' in Quicken which had accumulated since 1993; many of them dupes and when I elected to 'hide' old and no longer used payees. The ones which had fed through from the QBP site to the connected Quicken accounts were and I subsequently elected to 'hide' were deemed to be requested to be deleted by QBP. So...I caused the whole issue. Trying to unwind it now and worst case is we'll have to re-enter about 30 payee information in QBP and write a couple checks by hand. I have to say all three parties I spoke with at QBP support were extremely nice; it just took the third one who was skilled enough to figure out what happened. We're sticking with these guys...
This discussion has been closed.