Can I Merge a QXF File Into My Existing Quicken Mac Data File?

Options
I need to import one account that was inadvertently deleted several months ago from my main Quicken file, but is still in my old backup files. I don't want to simply restore an entire old backup file since then all of my other accounts would be way out of date and not have all the latest transactions and the modifications I've made to them over the past few months. Here's my plan (please let me know if I'm way off track or if this will not work):
  1. Restore the old backup file to a new Quicken data file (separate from my main file).
  2. Delete all accounts from the newly restored data file EXCEPT for the account that I want to import into my main data file.
  3. Export the file with the one remaining account as a Quicken Windows Transfer File (QXF).
  4. Open my main Quicken data file and import the QXF with the one account that I want merged into my main data file.
My goal here is to restore the old account into my main data file without losing all of the most recent transactions and organization that I've done on all the other accounts for the past few months; essentially isolating and then merging the one old account in question into my current, main data file.

Is this possible with a QXF import in Quicken for Mac? Or will it overwrite my entire main data file with the one account that is contained in the exported QXF file? Any insights are appreciated.

I am running Quicken Deluxe 2020 for Mac (version 5.13.1) on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Best Answer

Answers

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Thanks so much @John_in_NC

This discussion has been closed.