quicken 2019 crashes on download of securities transactions, especially options

Quicken opens a box to accept the new option and before you can do so, it crashes. Everytime. This is Quicken Delux 2019 and Windows 10

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hello papaloapan@,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Please take a moment to review the information provided here and respond back with the requested The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

If you haven't already, I would start by running the validate and repair tool found here.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyk
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please provide more details about your Quicken data file.

I'd like to know if you have account registers where a single account is approaching or exceeding 16,000 transactions.

And I'd also like to see the "File Information" window  (See below)

Is any cloud backup software actively accessing your Quicken data file while Quicken is running?
    What is the complete file name of your Quicken data file  (e.g. C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\QDATA.QDF)?

How much total RAM do you have installed?

What version of Windows are you running?

About file size and number of transactions:

You can find out how many transactions you have in your data file by doing this:
    - Click Tools / Account List. This should tell you how many transactions you have in each of your accounts in an optional column, "# of Transactions".
    If this column is not shown in the Account List, click the Options button at the bottom of the Account List window, then click "Number of Transactions" to add the column.

- Click Help in the Menu Bar. CTRL+click About Quicken and it'll give you a File Information box. Please capture an image snapshot of this File Information box and attach it here.
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and newer) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF.

To attach the image here, start composing your response. At the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons
    Click the landscape "Attach image" icon. It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

This discussion has been closed.