ERROR: MFA_ACTION_REQUIRED

Options
Quicken 2020 version 5.13.2

Recently the credit union I deal with starting generating the error MFA_ACTION_REQUIRED. I am assuming this a multi-factor authentication issue. Not sure if this is a Quicken issue or an FI problem. So, I opened a ticket with the FI to see.

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello Lysnder Spooner,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

Is this issue still occurring? If so, please let us know the name of the Financial Institution that is returning the MFA_ACTION_REQUIRED error. The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

You may find the information outlined here to be helpful as well. 

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Lysander Spooner
    Lysander Spooner Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken_Natalie

I was contacted by the FI and they reset my online access so I could set up Direct Connect. The original error NO longe appears. I CAN connect via Quicken Connect. However, I wanted to use Direct Connect. 

I no longer get a Direct Connect password error but Quicken now gives me a message saying all accounts are already linked and I cannot set up Direct Connect. I tried deactivating online access but even then I get the same message from Quicken that there are no more accounts to Link. I am not sure how to resolve this.

• Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello Lysander,

Thank you for posting back with an update and I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your online access reset by your financial institution. I am, however, sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties when attempting to link the account(s) from within Quicken.

I suggest checking for any hidden accounts that may still be linked to the financial institution, by going to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts

In the Hide and Show Accounts window, you will want to be sure to deselect any accounts listed with the referenced financial institution, by unchecking any boxes in the Lists column:

Once completed, be sure to go through and deactivate each account that is associated with the financial institution, by following the steps outlined here

Finally, go through and reactivate each account that you would like to have linked to the financial institution for automatic downloads, by following the steps given here

If the issue persists, I recommend contacting Support for more in-depth troubleshooting, as they have the tools and resources available to screen share with you and work with you towards a resolution.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Lysander Spooner
    Lysander Spooner Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @Quicken_Natalie

Thanks for the update.

I was able to deactivate and set up Direct Connect for a savings account. But Direct Connect did not recognize the Loan account. I am assuming this is an FI issue.

I was able to set up the Loan account using Quicken Connect. So one account is Direct and the other Quicken Connect. 

I am 100% certain these are the only two accounts and none were hidden.
  • deholz
    deholz Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Fortunately, Updated Version 6.0.1 (Build 600.37045.100) for Q4Mac seems to have simplified the MFA_ACTION_REQUIRED issue. On Q4Mac, when d/ling from NFCU the two factor authentication would return this error.

The update removes the need to click Resolve and enter your user id/password. It now will just pop up the selection for how to complete the authentication (email/text).

You still have to take an extra step to d/l the NFCU account data, but it's MUCH better than before.

Thanks, Quicken, for addressing this issue!

DEH
    DEHolz
    Q4W - c. 1991; Q4M - c. 2017
This discussion has been closed.