Issues after latest Software update

Since the latest update and the new "Wells Fargo" logo on my start-up screen, my entire program is all over the place. My one step updates don't work anymore, I constantly have to request my bank to send me a text. Even then, my program will not "sync" to the cloud. When I try, it just spins the wheel of death and eventually says not responding. When I click update accounts, half the time I get the spinning wheel of death. Something similar to this happened about this time last year and I had to delete/reinstall a number of times. This is getting a little ridiculous.

Best Answer

Answers

• NewfPop
    NewfPop Member ✭✭
    Same. I don't use Wells Fargo, but also get the spinning wheel of death ( :) ) when doing daily updates. 100% of the time, since the last update.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • The path is to a folder on my desktop. Years ago, I had tried storing on Google/Dropbox and it was not stable enough. I am running Win 10 on a Dell Desktop.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Have you tried validating your file?

Also see: FAQ: Common Mobile/Web Sync Errors and Solutions
  • Yes, validated. I sanitized it. I saved it as a new file name when this all started up as well. The bank downloads are still an issue. Just running updates can cause issues. I have given up trying to use mobile sync.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Error messages?
  • The typical CC-503 or something that everyone is posting about from all the banks. I just opened it up, ran "One Step Update" and now its locked up, spinning wheel and the image of the Quicken page is pixelated a bit. I have to shut it down again because it is not responding.
  • Running version R23.14 according to my quicken.
  • Today I uninstalled and then reinstalled quicken. Failed again. Locks up the program every time now.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Can you try running OSU after booting Windows into Safe Mode with Networking.
  • You are starting to talk a language I am not sure about? What is OSU? To boot in my windows in safe mode, I have to shut down/restart and hit F12 I think?
  • Greg_the_Geek
  • Got it! I will try it. Thanks.
  • Tried Safe Mode...same issue, as soon as I did the OSU, spinning wheel, the screen was pixelated and no response. I am at a loss as to why and what else to do. Right now, my quicken is unusable.
  • I have to do each accounts OSU individually. That right now is working. I was able to manually back up my file. However, when I went to Cloud Sync, it locked up the program again and to be forced closed.
This discussion has been closed.