Tax Line Item Assignments

Options
Hello everryone,

When entering a transaction into an account register this evening, I right-clicked on the line and selected Tax line item assignments from the pop-up list. Either right then or after hitting Save, the transaction disappeared. I searched for the transaction by Payee or Amount and can't find it anywhere - in the account I was in or in all accounts/all transaction. What did I do wrong? Where did it go? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    You might try Edit>Find; search for Cleared Status Contains Uncleared. That sometimes reveals the strays.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Did it change the balance of the account?  Maybe it didn't get saved.

Also you can sort by Order Entered, which is handy when doing a lot of entries.  While in a register, click on "Account Actions", select "Sorting Options", select "by order entered" should get you what you are looking for. Or for earlier versions click Options at the top of the register on the right side. If you sort by anything other than the Date column you might not get a true running balance.  So after you sort and look around be sure to sort it back by the Date.

To sort in Quicken 2013 or newer for Windows click on the little gear icon in the upper right of the register's header area. One of the options is Sorting Options and you can choose By Order Entered.

Note that there are two gear icons. You want the one in the header area with the little down-arrow next to 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• RickyT
    RickyT Member
    Options
    Thanks to both markus1957 & volvogirl, neither finds the two transactions, so I guess they weren't saved. I appreciate both you for your time to respond.
This discussion has been closed.