Tax Planner Issues

Good morning. I use Quicken Premier and I'm on release 23.14. For some reason I cannot get the Tax Planner to save certain settings. Specifically, it's not saving Scheduled Bills and Deposits under "Other Income or Losses." It's also not saving Scheduled Bills and Deposits under Withholding's. Our scheduled deposits have been meticulously built using the Paycheck Wizard. This problem has arisen in the past couple/few weeks and obviously we're approaching the time of year where this tool becomes more important. I'd appreciate anyone in the Community letting me know if I've started doing something wrong that I've been doing correctly for the first ten months of the year. Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Please click the category, e.g. other income or losses, to show the details for those categories below, and double check that the appropriate option is checked to include scheduled reminders. 

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Bob_L: Thank you but I've tried that several times and my action simply won't save. I'm frustrated as it worked well for about the first ten months of the year. Please try again.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there numbers in the projected amount column?  Planner can really be touchy sometimes so closing and reopening quicken sometimes help.

Also check the link in the upper right of the details box to confirm the tax line items are correct for how you are booking it.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes Bob, there are numbers in the projected amount column. Unfortunately those numbers remain up to the point when I close the tool. In other words, the projected bottom line is correct until I exit the tool. By the way, to be more specific under Other Income or Losses my only entry is: Taxable IRA/Pension Distributions. Under Withholdings the specific input I provide is Withholdings To Date. It's worth saying again that this tool was working fine through October then something happened. I close quicken every evening and re-open the following morning. I believe the tax line items are correct and they have been consistent (the same) as well. Finally, thank you for trying to help and I'll continue to take any advice/counsel you have to offer.
  • artg
    artg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Bob. It's now clear to me that I have to change my approach to my Tax Planning. I was NOT using the Details box like you were and I believe that's the source of my error.
This discussion has been closed.