Incompatible 32bit application reported for Quicken for Mac

My Mac is reporting the following incompatibility: there is a 32b component which won't work on Catalina, as detailed below. I am running Mojave 10.14.6 on a 2018 Mac mini. Quicken version is Version 5.13.3 (Build 513.30586.100). How can I clean this up before upgrading to Catalina? I checked but I'm unable to find any discussion of this in the forums. Thank you.

QuickenFileExchangeUtility:

Reason: 32-bit
Signer: Quicken Inc.
Last Used: 2019-05-05 11:38:04
Path: /Users/ravi/Library/Application Support/Quicken/Downloads/QuickenFileExchangeUtility.app/Contents/MacOS/QuickenFileExchangeUtility
Team ID: MQ5W46QNFN
Signing ID: com.quicken.QuickenFileExchangeUtility
Signing Hash: a6b68ba687d6229526be1bf9664de8728dd391ee
Parent Process: /Applications/Quicken.app/Contents/MacOS/Quicken

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    You can just delete it. The path to the file is listed in your first post. Also in that folder may be "Quicken Converter" which is 32 bit. You can delete that too. (Quicken Converter is a bit larger at 300+ MB.)

It appears that if you try to convert a QM2007 file after deleting QuickenFileExchangeUtility, it will re-download. I'm not sure what happens if you are running Catalina at that point.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    RickO said:
    You can just delete it. The path to the file is listed in your first post. Also in that folder may be "Quicken Converter" which is 32 bit. You can delete that too.
    It appears that if you try to convert a QM2007 file after deleting QuickenFileExchangeUtility, it will re-download. I'm not sure what happens if you are running Catalina at that point.
    RickO mentioned the path, although I personally wouldn't bother with finding/deleting it. It's small.
    All it was was a simplified version (convertor code) of Quicken 2007-hence why it won't run under Catalina.
    It won't download again-QWin/QMac 2007 older conversions are now handled via Quicken Cloud services
  • John_in_NC
    Answer ✓
    RickO said:

It won't download again-QWin/QMac 2007 older conversions are now handled via Quicken Cloud services
    Perhaps Quicken is smart enough to see that if you are running pre-Catalina, it uses the 32-bit utility, but if you are running Catalina, it sends it off to the cloud.
    Correct.

Answers

• Thank you John! Is there a way to remove or delete that utility, since it won't work any longer? I'm trying to do some housecleaning before going to Catalina.
  • RickO
    You can just delete it. The path to the file is listed in your first post. Also in that folder may be "Quicken Converter" which is 32 bit. You can delete that too. (Quicken Converter is a bit larger at 300+ MB.)

• John_in_NC
    RickO said:
    You can just delete it. The path to the file is listed in your first post. Also in that folder may be "Quicken Converter" which is 32 bit. You can delete that too.
    RickO mentioned the path, although I personally wouldn't bother with finding/deleting it. It's small.
    All it was was a simplified version (convertor code) of Quicken 2007-hence why it won't run under Catalina.
  • RickO

Actually, it does download again, at least on Mojave. It downloads right at the point when you click Next after choosing "Start from a Quicken for Mac 2007 file". Perhaps Quicken is smart enough to see that if you are running pre-Catalina, it uses the 32-bit utility, but if you are running Catalina, it sends it off to the cloud.
  • John_in_NC
    Answer ✓
    RickO said:

Perhaps Quicken is smart enough to see that if you are running pre-Catalina, it uses the 32-bit utility, but if you are running Catalina, it sends it off to the cloud.
    Correct.
This discussion has been closed.