Portfolio X-ray won't work

I have several data files which are 20+ years old. For the first time, I am trying to use Portfolio X-Ray. After I accept the terms and conditions it will not work. In all my files, it returns the Error Message "Invalid Use ID\u003cbr/\u003eError in decrypting the UserId - Auth Token not found\u003cbr/\u003eCannot Authenticate - User not found."

From the community it seems that this issue has been around for a long time. Is ther a fix for it. Do I need to register seperately somewhere for this service to work.

Tried Quicken chat support--they were of no help. Based on what they were teilling me, I don't think they had any idea as to how to resolve this.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Q product are you running?  What BUILD of Q?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you accessing old files with prior years' data or are these "current" data files with up-to-date transactions in them?

This error occurs when you created your XRay under one Quicken ID, then changed to a different Quicken ID in your file (Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts, Sign in as a different user).

You can reset this manually, if you don't want to change back to the original Quicken ID:

1. With Quicken closed, use Windows File Explorer and go to
      C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Xray or
      C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Xray depending on your Quicken version
    2. Double-click XRay.INI to open it with Notepad
    3. Change ResetXRay=0 to ResetXRay=1 and Save the change (Ctrl + S)
    4. Open Quicken and go to the Investing tab to select XRay and click Get Started button.

(posted by Quicken Tamara in an older message thread here in the Community)

• Ogarafaa
    Ogarafaa Member ✭✭
    I'm running the latest version--downloaded a couple of days ago--2020 R23.17 27.123.17.

Tried the above fixes and they don't work. Have been using Quicken since 2000 but have never tried to use X-ray until a couple of days ago. Just did not work in multiple data files.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogarafaa said:
    I'm running the latest version--downloaded a couple of days ago--2020 R23.17 27.123.17.

Tried the above fixes and they don't work. Have been using Quicken since 2000 but have never tried to use X-ray until a couple of days ago. Just did not work in multiple data files.

But which Q product?
    And have you tried a QCleanUI uninstall (a MS uninstall isn't sufficient) and then re-installing?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ogarafaa
    Ogarafaa Member ✭✭
    Product is Quicken Home and Business 2020.

What is QCleanUI uninstall?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogarafaa said:
    Product is Quicken Home and Business 2020.

What is QCleanUI uninstall?

Uninstall / QCLEANUI / Reinstall

Please follow this procedure, using a Windows User Account with full Administrator privileges:
    http://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
    If you have previously used this procedure and have the cleanup programs already on your hard drive then please download them again to obtain the most recent version.
    When done, reboot your computer and then reinstall Quicken from your CD or saved downloaded installation file or your account at quicken.com and allow it to update to the latest available patch release level.

This discussion has been closed.