New User unable to Install Premiere Subscription

I recently purchased a 2 yr subscription of Premiere online :s :s directly from Quicken and the installation always crashes. I have a Dell Inspirion running Windows 10 Home 1903. I called the Premiere help desk and after 90 minutes, they said it was a Microsoft issue and to get an IT person to help. I got remote support and he said it looks like Quicken is not compatible with Windows 10 after the patch release. The Quicken version is 27.1.20.5

This doesn't make sense to me. Anyone have this problem?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running Windows 10.0.18362 Pro and Quicken installs & runs fine. You may need to disable various security programs like anti-viruses & firewalls.
    You are also back-revved a few versions. Current is 21.1.23.17. Are you installing via CD or download?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Marshalltx ,

I have a Dell INSPIRON running Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Build 18363.476 with no problems with Quicken R23.17.

I installed via this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

The Windows Firewall must always be turned on and you need to be connected to the Internet when you are installing.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Marshalltx
    Marshalltx Member ✭✭
    I downloaded the product directly from Quicken on Dec 2, 2019 and it defaulted to 27.1.20.5. I'll see if somehow I can get my hands on 21.1.23.17.

During install, I turned off Bitdefender anti-virus and at times the firewall...tried several times. I even tried QCleanUI but none of that worked.

I do not have a previous version of Quicken on this computer. Once upon a time I did have Quicken 2013 on a different computer but I stopped using it around 2016-17 before it spun off from Intuit. I used a different product for a couple of years but now wanted to come back to Quicken.

I am wondering if I signed up incorrectly with the subscription. It asked whether I ever had an account with Quicken and I said yes. I wonder if somehow Quicken is trying to give me access to my old files online from years ago and is assuming I still have 2013. I don't want any of those old files, just want a fresh start.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you receiving any error messages when trying to install?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Marshalltx
    Marshalltx Member ✭✭
    No error messages. When I try to install the download it starts to extract the files, then prompts me to click "Let's go." Afterwards it shows me the location of where the files will go and I click install. The installation begins with a progress bar and shortly thereafter it stalls out and just disappears.
  • Marshalltx
    Marshalltx Member ✭✭
    That worked! Thank you! I did have to uninstall Bitdefender completely then I was able to reinstall Quicken and get the download to work. I then reinstalled Bitdefender and am all set to begin the account setup process.
This discussion has been closed.