What amount of Drop Box storage space comes with a Quicken subscription?

I thought it had been increased to 5 GB but I'm showing 2 GB.

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what's going on. Funny you pose this question as I reached out to DropBox yesterday via email to find out why I have a similar issue. I had or I thought the default for DropBox was 5GB and I had previously used the coupon code to get the 5GB additional. I expected 10GB for the account, but noticed only 2.5GB. The coupon code cannot be reused as DropBox states it's already been used. So at the very least we should have 5GB.
    I'll post back what DropBox has to say...
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I received word back from DropBox, sadly it's not what we would have hoped.
    "From what I understand, you don't have the storage space that you expect to have on your Dropbox account.

Not to worry, I'll look into this for you.

The first thing I'll mention is that a standard Dropbox Basic account has 2 GB of storage space.

I can see that you have had two separate promotions that have increased your quota. One for 512 MB, and one for 5 GB.

The one for 512 MB had no expiration date, while the one for 5 GB had a expiration of a year after use. This has now expired.

This would leave you with a total of 2.5 GB storage space.

I hope this clears things up. Please don't hesitate to reach back out to me if you have any further questions."

So it would seem this is correct under their terms.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah is this correct that the coupon code offered by Quicken is only good for one year? So what happens when the subscription is renewed? The code presented to me is the same I had previously used and cannot be reused.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UKR thanks for the link.
    It would seem that that has not occurred, at least not in my case...
    "Note: The Dropbox code will provide one year of additional storage. After one year, upon your renewal of Quicken, you will receive a new code for another year of upgraded storage."

This discussion has been closed.