How can I get Quicken for Mac to show me all the detailed investment transactions in each account?

Options
:'(

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    There are a couple of ways.

First, click the account in the sidebar. Then click the word Transactions at the top. You will see a list of all transactions. You can adjust which columns are shown by clicking menu View > Columns (or right-click the column headers). If you want to export, click menu File > Export > Register Transactions to CSV File.

The second way is to switch to Portfolio view. Select the Portfolio and Group by Security in the dropdown at the top. Then next to each security, click the little triangle that points to the right. That will open a list of lots for each security. In this view, you can click the export button (box with up arrow) at top right and export with lots to a CSV file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adding to @RickO 's comments:
    If you want to see only the transactions for a particular security;
    Open the account transaction register.
    Go to the Search field at upper right.
    Key in the symbol of the desired security (Symbol field must be displayed in register view).
    The resulting "filtered" register will display all transactions for that security.

Note - check that the register date range is adequate - you can set to "All Dates".

QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Al27
    Al27 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the help RickO and J_Mike. The Portfolio view gives me the actual share purchases and sales but no Options. The Transactions view gives me the Options, but no Purchases and Sales of shares. Together, I can combine them to get a complete view for that account. In the 2017 Quicken program I can go to the Security Detail View and get all options and all purchases and sales in one place. In addition, that view shows all of the transactions for all accounts. Is there anywhere on the Quicken 2020 for Mac program where I can get all of the transactions for one security in multiple accounts?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You should be able to see purchases and sales (transactions of type BUY and SELL) in the Transaction view. I don't understand why you do not. Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing (redacted as necessary)
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there anywhere on the Quicken 2020 for Mac program where I can get all of the transactions for one security in multiple accounts?
    In the sidebar, select the account group header Investing.
    Select the Transactions view.

The register displays all transactions for all investment accounts.
    You can then filter the register for any individual security - using the Search field.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Al27
    Al27 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi J_Mike. Thanks for your help. Using the group header puts many of the transactions together for one security in multiple accounts. If I search for "apple", I get buys, sells, dividends, and splits. If I search for "aapl" I get the puts and calls. At least I am down to two lists that should cover all the transactions. Your suggestion was a big help. In Quicken 2017 all of those transactions were chronologically together in the same list.

Hi RickO. I have realized that in individual accounts I can't get all of the transactions unless I separately enter "aapl" and "apple" in the search field. I can get buy and sell transactions if I enter the right search name, "apple". This is the same type of limitation I found in my comments above to J_Mike regarding the "Investing" selection. (I haven't figured out the screenshot yet on my new Mac.)
  • Al27
    Al27 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi RickO. Thanks for the advice. I added the symbol column to the transactions list and by limiting the search to symbol, as you suggested, I can get exactly what I want. The Symbol for buy/sell transactions is still different from the options (The options symbol includes the date, option type, and option value in addition to the symbol). Since both buy/sell transactions and options contain the same symbol, I now have a complete list of all transactions for a specific stock in one place. Thanks very much for you help in solving this issue for me.
    You have an amazing knowledge of the details.
This discussion has been closed.