how to combine several .qdf files

How do I combine several .qdf files into a larger .qdf file?
Carl M. Barlow, Jr.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not possible as they are both zipped and encrypted. The real question is why do you want to do this? You might be able to do copy/paste depending on what you are trying to accomplish.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • NurdBurd
    NurdBurd Member ✭✭
    I assume each .qdf file is unique. I don't know why I have more than one, but some of them go back to 2012. I want to combine all the .qdf files so that I have one .qdf file that has all my Quicken history within that one file.
    Please continue this discussion so I might learn more about Quicken.
    Carl M. Barlow, Jr.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I stand corrected... 50 steps later and you have your file.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    NurdBurd said:
    I assume each .qdf file is unique. I don't know why I have more than one, but some of them go back to 2012.
    I would suggest opening each file and review its contents. Only you can answer why you have multiple files, but I would not jump to combining a file without a strong reason. Most users would need only one file and maintaining that for accuracy is paramount.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might be backup files.  Doesn't your current existing file have all your transactions and history in it?  And you never said what version you are using.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    How have you used Quicken over the years....
    Did you perform any End Of Year copying or some such action.
    Unless you actually take some kind of action to Copy or Split your Quicken data - it usually just lives on in a single QDF file. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.