CC-501 Errors for THREE DAYS

So I've been getting CC-501 errors for 3 days.

I've spoken with support here on the site. We went through some trouble shooting and the problem was not resolved. I was told they would look into it and let me know when it was fixed.

I tried updating again this morning. Same issue (with some CC-800 thrown in because why not: Those I fixed). After fixing the CC-800 errors, it was back to CC-501 errors. I went through the trouble shooting steps your website lists this morning. It fixed nothing.

I've had trouble getting quicken.intuit.com to open this morning.

The link for reporting issues that comes up when one step update fails? It couldn't send my report to you guys.

What is being done about this? Did support on Friday even tell you guys that there was an issue?

Do I just need to uninstall? Because that's totally an option right now.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

During One Step Update from Quicken on your desktop / laptop, if you get error CC-501 for all of your Express Web Connect - connected accounts from several banks while other bank accounts using Direct Connect or Web Connect work OK ...

• Please do not use any "Reset CC Credentials" instructions found here in the Community to correct online banking errors.  Instead, please contact Support.
      This also applies if you get error
      CC-510
      Support has access to a tool that can "reset" the User profile internally on the server. https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

In case of CC-501, 502, 503, 506 errors from a single bank deactivate all accounts with this bank using the same bank logon ID, including any old, long closed, hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated. If you miss one, the aggregation server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems. When done deactivating, restart Quicken and reactivate accounts.

To deactivate an Account

Go to Tools > Account List.
    Click Edit for the account you need to change.
    Click Online Services tab.
    If the account has been activated for Online Bill Payment, deactivate this service first.
    Click Deactivate button in Online Setup box.
    Repeat for any other accounts that need to be deactivated.
    Restart Quicken to make sure that the changes are fully applied.

To (re-)activate accounts for downloading

Create a backup of your Quicken data file. This is will give you a restore point, should something go horribly wrong during the next steps.
    If you normally automatically accept downloaded transactions into your registers I recommend you turn this feature off now. The first transaction download after every activation will download 60 - 90 days worth of transactions into your account(s). Auto-accepting them will most likely create a horrible mess that's difficult to undo. You're better off manually reviewing and accepting or deleting this first batch of downloaded transactions, one by one.  Go into Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions. Remove the checkmarks from both "After downloading transactions" settings.
    Go to Tools / Add Account to reactivate the accounts. As you go thru the setup process, Quicken will identify all accounts it can download.
    Select an account type, e.g. Checking
    Enter the name of your bank and click Next.  Some banks have multiple choices, Consumer vs. Business accounts, Express Web Connect vs. Direct Connect. Be sure to pick the correct one.
    Enter your credentials, select Save this password (if using password vault) and click Connect.

You should now see a list of all accounts found at your bank that you can activate.
    If you are activating an existing account, make sure the dropdown button for that account says LINK. If it says ADD, change it to LINK and select the correct Quicken account.  If it already says LINK, click the button and select the correct existing account register. If you do not do this, then the account will be added as a new account instead of being linked to the existing account register.

Repeat this step for each account listed.
    Change ADD to IGNORE for any account on the list that you do not want to activate at this time. You can always come back and activate more accounts later.
    Click Next to continue.

• teasbee
    teasbee Member ✭✭
    I followed the steps you outlined but when I went through the steps to add a new account, I received error CC-501. Again.

Sigh.
  • martyxx
    martyxx Member ✭✭
    I have been having similar problems for the last 7-10 days.

I get CC-501 errors on 3 out of 4 banks. I tried updating individually but I am unable.
    1. Tried deactivating and reactivating and it failed
    2. Tried creating a new account for each bank and it failed (did not tell me why)

I am able to go to the bank site and export and then import the trasnsactions successfully.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    martyxx said:
    I have been having similar problems for the last 7-10 days.

I get CC-501 errors on 3 out of 4 banks. I tried updating individually but I am unable.
    1. Tried deactivating and reactivating and it failed
    2. Tried creating a new account for each bank and it failed (did not tell me why)

I am able to go to the bank site and export and then import the trasnsactions successfully.

During One Step Update from Quicken on your desktop / laptop, if you get error CC-501 for all of your Express Web Connect - connected accounts from several banks while other bank accounts using Direct Connect or Web Connect work OK ...

• Please do not use any "Reset CC Credentials" instructions found here in the Community to correct online banking errors.  Instead, please contact Support.
      This also applies if you get error
      CC-510
      Support has access to a tool that can "reset" the User profile internally on the server. https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

• martyxx
    martyxx Member ✭✭
    Worked with Quicken support for about 90 minutes to resolve the issue. After checking m configuration, version, etc. This problem was specifically related to my file since Support instructed me to create a new quicken file and then open the accounts that were getting a CC-501. No problem occurred.

I was asked to submit logs and provide some form of database id from my original Quicken file. Quicken support spent an additional 5 minutes in the background and probably manually modified something on their server(s). Problem has now been resolved.

Thanks Quicken Support.
This discussion has been closed.