How to change default timeframe for Allocation By Account

In Investing/Allocation view, the allocation by account graph/chart defaults to 2007 even when the Asset Allocation graph/chart above is the end of 2019. I can click on "show Full Graph" and change to end of 2019 for that session only but when I click out it goes back to 2007 data. How can I change the default view to most recent timeframe data?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see that problem - the graph defaults to today.

Please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what version of Quicken you are running.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Allocation by Account snapshot is taking the current date from your computer. What date is your computer currently showing?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Allocations view has two selection fields at the top. Are those set to "All accounts", "All securities"?
    P.S.: While working with my view, I noticed that if one of those fields is selected (highlighted in blue) and you scroll the mouse in an attempt to scroll the view up and down, the selection field changes, giving you different results. It won't scroll the view. You need to click the mouse somewhere on the view outside the two selection fields and then you can scroll the view.
  • drbrandt1
    drbrandt1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I am using Quicken 2020 R23.18 Build 27.1.23.18. My computer is set to today, 12/27/2019. My view at the top is set to "All accounts, All securities." The top graph shows the asset allocation as of today, 12/27/2019. The two graphs immediately below show the "allocation by account" and allocation by security" as of 12/31/2007.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird. How about this ...

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

If that still doesn't work, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. Who knows, you might have found a bug that needs fixing.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any way to impact the default date for the allocation snapshots other than the computer's current date.

The first troubleshooting step I would try would be to Validate: 

File | File Operations | Validate and Repair: Validate

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• drbrandt1
    drbrandt1 Member ✭✭
    I went through the entire process listed by UKR (thanks for sending BTW), with the exception that I did not correct errors listed by Quicken - there were hundreds of them. I'm not interested in taking this any further. If I want to see the "allocation by account" I just click on the graph and reset the date for that session.

Thanks again for your time in replying to my post.

Doug
This discussion has been closed.