Quicken Win 2020 - Tax line items assigned to some categories not showing in Tax Planner

dsttexas
dsttexas Member ✭✭✭
Under Planning tab, then Tax Center, then Show Tax Planner and looking at Schedule C, there are several properly tax categorized categories (Contract Labor) that are not showing up in Schedule C tax report. I double checked my Category settings for these and they are all correct, same as others that do show up correctly. Screen shots of key areas included. One shows the Category screen and tax settings of these items, one is the lower part of Schedule C screen showing detailed items included and scrolling does not show any Contrat Labor items, the last is from clicking the "View tax lines items being used here". Scrolling here also does not list any of the Contract Labor items.

Any suggestions most appreciated!
Don
Dell XPS 17 9710, Windows 11 latest, Quicken R48.18 27.1.48.18

Comments

• dsttexas
    dsttexas Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Additional update. When first opening the Planning / Tax Center screen, on the right is a list of all tax related expenses YTD, and all the above missing Contract Labor items are shown here, they just don't show up on the Schedule C.

Also, on the Planning / Tax Center screen the Show Tax Summary Report also shows all the intended Contract Labor items. Still not on Schedule C.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Looks like an omission; that tax line is not included under the Other Allowable Expenses, Details section, tax form lines used link so it will not show up in Tax Planner. You should report it using the in-product problem report under the Help menu.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a similar issue with Schedule K-1 Trust and Estate income. Quicken has tax line items for K-1 dividends, interest, Royalties, etc. and these appear on the Tax Summary report but they do not flow to the Tax Planner.

One way to incorporate this would be to include income with these tax line items in the corresponding sections of the Tax Planner - Dividends, Interest, etc. Or a section similar to the Schedule E and F sections could be added to capture the K-1 income.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • dsttexas
    dsttexas Member ✭✭✭
    I have submitted a problem ticket on my issue, and referenced my forum post for details and attachments, so they should see this k-1 issue as well. Now let's see if they fix it.
  • dsttexas
    dsttexas Member ✭✭✭
    As of Jan 29, on R24.11, not yet fixed. Hopefully soon so I can use for Income Tax Return.
This discussion has been closed.