Moving a transaction from one account to another (Q Mac)

Paul Kleeberg
Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
Looking at uncleared items, I find that there was an entry that was attributed to the wrong credit card. In Mac Q2007 there was the ability to move a transaction from one account to another by control-clicking on the transaction. Is there the ability to do that in the current version?
Quicken user since 1997 when Dollars and $ense died.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes, simply drag and drop the transaction to the destination account in the sidebar.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    Answer ✓
    Yes, simply drag and drop the transaction to the destination account in the sidebar.
  • Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much! Is there a pdf manual for this someplace? I am finding the help not very helpful since the images cut off at the right.
  • RickO
    You're welcome. I don't know of a PDF manual. Have you checked that the help window is as wide as it can go?
  • Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    Yes. I really do not want to change my default browser to Chrome to see if it will work with that. It is a fixed width on my computer. Can scroll up and down, but not left and right.
  • RickO
    The help should not be opening in a browser. I'm not seeing this issue. Are you opening help from the Help menu within Quicken?
  • Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    In Quicken Mac Menu, I go to Help =>Quicken Help I then select Budgeting and from there I select "The Budget View". Attached is what I see. I can change the height but not the width. Now that I look at it more closely it is not a browser view but from within the Quicken app.
  • Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    I am curious as to how the number in the upper right of the window is calculated (which is cut from this image).
  • RickO
    I can confirm that the image is also cut off for me in Quicken Help. I'd suggest you go to menu Help > Report a Problem and let the developers know this.

The workaround: Right click on the cut off image and choose Copy Image. Then open the Preview app and click menu File > New From Clipboard. You will then see the whole image thusly:

This discussion has been closed.