Adjusting a share total in Portfolio

I have purchased Quicken for Mac. Changed from Quicken Windows. I found a share discrepancy in the total for one stock equity (1.647 share difference) from my Fidelity end of December statement. Cannot find an issue in the input. Is there a way to adjust the share total.

Best Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can use Add or Remove Shares to adjust the amount.

But, before you do that, you might wish to find the discrepancy before adjusting. Do you have a placeholder (adjusting) transaction at the beginning of the register?

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    You can use Add or Remove Shares to adjust the amount.

But, before you do that, you might wish to find the discrepancy before adjusting. Do you have a placeholder (adjusting) transaction at the beginning of the register?
  • Pennsywoody
    Pennsywoody Member ✭✭
    John - Thank you very much
  • Pennsywoody
    Pennsywoody Member ✭✭
    John,
    I am new to Quicken for Mac and probably need to get the book for dummies. I decided to switch from Quicken Windows as it was tiring to have to upgrade VMWare Fusion, Windows, and Quicken. As well, the new Mac IOS would not support my Windows Quicken version. I was used to the Windows Quicken and am just getting to the point where I felt like the switch was well worth it. So I am updating my end of year reports in both systems to make certain things work.

Your suggestion made me go back and relook at everything again. What I found was that I had put the wrong stock identity on this specific entry. I deleted it and everything balanced. The frustrating part was that I went through everything 3 times and missed the error. After taking 30 minutes off, and came back to review it a fourth time after your response - Your help was the push I needed and resolved it for me.

But, I want to personnally thank you for helping me to find out how such an adjustment can be made. The key words for this were different in the windows version and located under “Miscellaneous”.

Thank you again & Hope you have a Happy New Year.
    Walter
This discussion has been closed.