Trying to run 2019 reports, Quicken won't total anything related to my paycheck

My net salary is not correct, nor are my Federal tax deductions, health insurance deductions, gross salary. Each month my paycheck is entered showing all the correct information.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Which report are you working with?
    Have you selected the correct Date Range and/or Tax Year?

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons possibly beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Bonnie
    Bonnie Member ✭✭
    I'm running the Cash Flow report for 2019 (Last year). Tried several times with same results. Salary and deductions have not changed during the year. Each paycheck is a split transaction. Health insurance, for example, is $305.42 per month. Should total $3,665.04 for the year, Quicken says it's $2443.36 (eight months worth.) Checked all 12 entries throughout year, all showing as correct. Looks like it must have quit in August. Same type problem with Fed tax, should be 290.37 times 12, Quicken totals that to 2,510.96. W2 gross amount is also wrong.

What can I try?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

If all of the above doesn't resolve the issue, I need to see image snapshots of the Cash Flow report as well as a Register Report (CTRL-P), filtered to only show these transactions for the entire year, with their split details.

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts (Windows or Mac)

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons possibly beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Bonnie
    Bonnie Member ✭✭
    I give up! I keep getting these crazy numbers, even after triple checking everything. How do I do a clean uninstall and download a fresh Quicken?
    TIA
This discussion has been closed.