Clicking the 'Quicken.com' toolbar button brings up blank screen "Connecting"

Rick, N9AJ
Rick, N9AJ Member ✭✭
clicking 'quicken.com' tool bar button opens up a screen. little circle rotating thing starts spinning. lower left corner of screen says 'connecting' and nothing happens.. just sits there like that forever. how can i fix this? thanks. Q premier current subscription, win10 home.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    yup - same here... QW R23.18
    Top screen header bar says "Internet"
    then some toolbar icons
    Bottom screen footer bar says "Connecting" -
    EDIT - also updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BillBr
    BillBr Member ✭✭
    I HAVE Firefox properly installed and up to date. Been using Q2017 (Windows) for at least 2 years with Firefox. Now, with Subscription, it tells me don't use Internet Explorer and instead to install Chrome, Edge, Firefox. An ANNOYANCE!! How do I fix/set this thing so I don't have to click "Use Full Browser" button each time I go on line to do take a look at my accounts at the Chase website. I've been using Quicken since 1990, yeah back in the DOS days. Don't make this thing difficult....
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried making Firefox your default browser?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just following along -
    what are you clicking in Quicken that is an issue for FF

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BillBr
    BillBr Member ✭✭
    Changed it to MS Edge and then changed it back to FF (just now). Rebooted my PC and the problem remains.
  • BillBr
    BillBr Member ✭✭
    I hit "Bank website" on the "downloaded" transactions tab.
  • BillBr
    BillBr Member ✭✭
    I've been accessing Chase Bank's webpage this way (periodically take a look at things) using this button, while FF has been my default browser for at least the last 2 years without this pop-up ever showing. Until I got and installed the subscription Quicken
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    BillBr said:
    I hit "Bank website" on the "downloaded" transactions tab.
    Guessing this is what you are seeing....  and I have FF as my default -
    and if you then click on [Full Browser] you then use the FF as expected.
    SO... the question is, what is Chase seeing as the "Quicken Browser" software ?
    Just tried updating the URL in the Edit Account screen - and it was "blank",
    so the Chase website URL info is embedded somewhere else, maybe just the FIDIR,
    and the internal Quicken Browser is also embedded.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BillBr
    BillBr Member ✭✭
    Yes, that's exactly what I see. I sort of got loss in the "tall grass" here as we got off the fairway and into the rough in your explanation. Sounds like you know a lot more about the inner workings of Quicken install than I do. Actually thought this problem would politely "go away" when I got the latest Quicken update (a day or so ago), but no such luck
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried it again  - and it appears normal... with the internal Quicken Browser.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BillBr
    BillBr Member ✭✭
    Nope, still get the same "Nag" pop-up here. Maybe this will clear itself, eventually, or maybe a future Update will address this. I'm just not gonna worry about it anymore today. Hey, "It's Friday" and nearly 5 o'clock. Thanks for pushing this thing along today.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    here...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BillBr
    BillBr Member ✭✭
    That's it... still naggin me here.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I may say so ... forget it. Some banks do not accept browsers other than the most popular browsers like Edge, IE and Firefox and maybe a few select others, depending on their programming. They do not recognize the niche product that Quicken uses as an internal browser. They don't want those products accessing their servers, to make life more difficult for hackers.
    I recommend you bookmark your bank's website directly in your favorite browser and do not use the link via the internal browser in Quicken.
    Of course, it would be nice if Quicken could change their programming so that a click on a bank website link in Quicken directly opens the Windows default browser instead of the internal browser.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Did a quick test.... QW R23.18 -
    Only some of my Quicken Account entries
    actually have the "website" textual icon on the Downloaded screen.
    Chase - Q browser - works or warning
    Fidelity - clicks to my default FF
    Schwab - Q browser - works
    Vanguard - no text
    TRowe - no text
    PayPal - no text
    Ally Bank - no text
    PNC - no text

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    same ...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rick, N9AJ
    Rick, N9AJ Member ✭✭
    ps56k .... Silly me... i just 'upgraded' from Q17 to subscriptionQ ,, thinking the subscription is all good to go as intuit is constantly keeping it running smooth.. and the first thing i do is click a toolbar button... and... it don't work..
    fancy that. ! !
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you recently activated a VPN? If so, try turning off the VPN. It might be causing this problem.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    Have you recently activated a VPN? If so, try turning off the VPN. It might be causing this problem.
    nope - running R23.18 - simple... try it and report back -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The URL qw.quicken.com/cgi-bin/qd.cgi/w/2017/menu_qcom/?version=2005&src=tb_qc
    does not respond, even if used in a Full Browser like Firefox.
    Somebody wake up Quicken Support and let them know about this issue.
    Until the programmers get this (apparently rarely, if ever, used) URL fixed, please use Quicken Support directly from your browser instead of from inside Quicken.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    UKR said:
    The URL qw.quicken.com/cgi-bin/qd.cgi/w/2017/menu_qcom/?version=2005&src=tb_qc  -  does not respond
    wonder how you captured th URL ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the "blank screen" clicked Stop, then Full Browser.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahhh....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.