Cannot get historical prices for some preferreds

Ben12
Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
Here are the symbols
PSA.I, BAC.N, JPM.N, ALL.H

Best Answers

Answers

• Hello @Ben12,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken 2020 Quicken Premier R23.21 Build 27.123.21
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 1909Build 18363.535 taken from winver.
    USA Quicken program

I download 100's of other investments everyday with no problem
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I learned something about preferreds. I can get quotes everyday from the symbols I listed. I do not get any quotes for times earlier than I bought them. When I use the procedure you suggest for these symbols on my watch list I still very few quotes.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, downloaded quotes come from two sources - your financial institution and Quicken's servers.

The quotes from your financial institution would typically be for any day your download transactions and your FI reports your holdings.  That report of holdings could be for that specific date or for the day before, depending on their procedures.  The quote would come to your version of the Quicken security based on your matching of a security to the online security.  The ticker for the Quicken security does not matter for that association.  

Quotes from Quicken's servers (what I referred to above as their regular supplier) are based solely on the ticker symbol (in addition the security must be checked as requesting downloads and either owned or on your Watch List).  That service for 'real-time' quotes typically provides quotes for the last 5 days.  

So if your Quicken security has the ticker PSA.I, the quotes can only come from your FI.  If the ticker is PSA-I, you could be getting quotes from your FI (values for one day) and from Quicken's sources (values for 5 days).

• Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification and information. Where do the historical quotes come from that go back years?
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you! You get a 5 star rating from me.
This discussion has been closed.