I backup to a USB flash drive. The backup never finishes. I never get the finished message.

2»

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And why, may I ask, is your data file over 2 GB in size?
    Have you filled it up with thousands of scanned documents attached to transactions or accounts?
    Or has something else happened to give it a serious case of bloat?

I'd very much like to see the File Information window:
    Click Help in the Menu Bar. CTRL+click About Quicken and it'll give you a File Information box. Please capture an image snapshot of this File Information box and attach it here.
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and newer) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF.

To attach the image here, start composing your response. At the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the landscape "Attach image" icon. It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• rdear02
    rdear02 Member ✭✭
    The stick I am using is a 32gb Pony.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    rdear02 said:
    Yes, I can backup to the desktop in about 1 minute. The file size is 2.44gb.

WHAT ..... you had previously stated it was ........160 MB  ????????
    Flash drives are very slow.... handy - but very slow compared to your hard disk.

We are talking about the Quicken data file - the QDF file -
    Windows right click - Properties -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just tried copying a 1.2GB video to my USB flash drive - it took about 2 mins -
    So.... still a mystery -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rdear02 said:
    The stick I am using is a 32gb Pony.
    Hi @rdear02 ,

You stated in the post you were backing up to a Pony 3gb stick.

Have you ran Disk Check on the USB Drive?

Our responses are in respond to the information you give. Nothing more, nothing less.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so much the typo of 3GB vs 32GB - more of the 2.44GB file vs 160MB -
    BUT.... still a mystery - now even more so -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• rdear02
    rdear02 Member ✭✭
    I really appreciate all of your responses to my problem. However, it appears now that most comments have turned into arguments and otherwise irrelevant issues like not typing too well (3gb vs 32gb). I realize that I am fallible but I don't need trouble shooting. I was looking for help with Quicken and being able to backup reasonably. At this point I prefer to go to Quicken support and work with them on my problem. Thank you and good day.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with Quicken Support
    Please let us know if they were able to help you resolve your Backup problem and what it took to fix it.
This discussion has been closed.