I have quicken deluxe 2020, and a mac desktop, can I upgrade to Catalina?

Apple says switching to Catalina will not allow support of any 32-bit apps.....what is my quicken version? Need to know if I can switch. ASAP please : )

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can upgrade. QM 2020 runs fine in Catalina.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    Before you upgrade, here's a great free app that will tell you all the 32 bit stuff on your system that won't run in Catalina. It's much better and more complete than Apple's System Report.

www.stclairsoft.com › Go64Go64 - St. Clair Software

Answers

• RickO
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you can upgrade. QM 2020 runs fine in Catalina.
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    Before you upgrade, here's a great free app that will tell you all the 32 bit stuff on your system that won't run in Catalina. It's much better and more complete than Apple's System Report.

www.stclairsoft.com › Go64Go64 - St. Clair Software

• woodaid
    woodaid Member ✭✭
    wow that's great..thanks!!
  • woodaid
    woodaid Member ✭✭
    I also just found this....right from my computer sat the info...without the download of Go64 : ) Check your macOS for 32-bit apps

There’s a manual way to search 32-bit programs on Mac:

Go to the Apple menu and select About This Mac
    Click on System Report
    Find Software on the left of the window > Applications
    If you see “No” next to any app under the 64-Bit tab, it means the app requires an upgrade.
    ......I did it, and only found 3 apps that showed "No"...developed by Apple, so I'm ok.
  • RickO
    Not to get too down in the weeds, if, for example, an app is 64 bit but contains a component that's 32 bit, the app will run but the plugin won't. Apple's system report won't list this app. But the plugin might be one your personally really need.
  • woodaid
    woodaid Member ✭✭
    well for quicken it didn't say "no", and that was all I was really concerned with..so I will be fine I think with the "no" on the apple ones : )
  • woodaid
    woodaid Member ✭✭
    ok, yes I will do the Go64 just to be safe : )
  • woodaid
    woodaid Member ✭✭
    ok, I did the Go 64 and it is saying that my Quicken 2015 version,
    (that has since been upgraded to 2020 deluxe, but still showing on my mac), has a 32-bit piece, called
    "quicken file exchange utility app", then under "more info", it says
    "It may or may not run correctly on macOS 10.15, depending on how the app handles situations where its 32-bit components would normally be used. Check for a more recent version or contact the application's developer for more information." sooooooo now I guess I need to call quicken support ? or maybe not worry about it? thanks in advance for your opinion. : )
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    @RickO..thanks for the info on Go 64, I see where you are coming from wit the plug-ins..have a few apps that work but some of the features no longer available.
  • woodaid
    woodaid Member ✭✭
    thanks for all the info...very much appreciated! : )
This discussion has been closed.