Check writing, new payee requires address field not be blank

Options
I recently created a new checking account and linked it to my credit union. When I write a check to a new payee it requires me to enter the address and phone number for the new payee. Any way to not have to enter this information? THanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you printing paper checks or creating electronic payments via online bill pay? If you're printing paper checks, you can leave the address blank. If you're creating online payments, you must supply that information so Quicken knows where to send the payment.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• smarler
    smarler Member
    Options
    I am trying to print paper checks. I think quicken is treating it as electronic checks. I use CTRL W to display the form for writing checks. I have a separate checking account that is not linked to a financial institution and writes checks and creates payees without any problems. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
  • smarler
    smarler Member
    Options
    My checking account has an electronic link to my credit union. When using CTRL W to display check writing form (so I can print a check) after entering a payee (form not using my payee list) Quicken prompts me to enter the address and phone number. I can not get past the required fields. I am a long time Quicken user but never had an account linked to a financial institution.
  • smarler
    smarler Member
    Options
    Got IT! Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.