Enter Quicken ID Password (Not Responding)

Suddenly -- as in today. when I seek to open Quicken -- I get a white screen with:

Enter Quicken ID Password (Not Responding)

I can't access Quicken at that point.

Further, if I try to revise my longstanding Quicken account, the system says I am not in the database.

Makes it hard to fix things when presented with a chicken/egg problem and there is no chicke nor egg.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest using QCleanUI to reinstall Quicken.

Using QcleanUI to resolve issues installing or uninstalling Quicken for Windows
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • BarryAZ
    BarryAZ Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your comment. Since I am transitioning from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I was able to transfer the working (pre-update) install of Quicken to my Windows 7 workstation and it seems to be working just fine.

The bug here seems to have been introduced with the latest Quicken update - which had not yet been allowed to infect the Windows 10 set up.

In an ideal world, Quicken would provide a simple 'undo' option were one could revert to a previous (and functional) update.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can revert to a previous release by downloading/install the Mondo patch for that particular release.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • BarryAZ
    BarryAZ Member ✭✭
    Good to know since for some reason the recent patch was a program breaker for me
This discussion has been closed.