How to change from Accrual to cash basis?

Options
I can not get the reports to change from Accrual to cash basis. I have followed the help directions on the reports main page "Preferences". the cash box IS checked, but no change in reports.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there enough of a delay between creating a Customer Invoice and receiving payment for same that it will make a difference? For example, are January invoices paid in the same month or are they paid in later months?
    Can you show us a few examples where changing should make a difference, but doesn't?
  • Hal4443
    Hal4443 Member
    Options
    I have always been on a cash basis for over 20 years using quicken, now all of a sudden my reports are accrual instead of cash which have been for many years. For IRS my under standing is that you can not change.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's your global setting in Edit / Preferences / Reports & Graphs?
    Is it possible that this setting was changed (or did not carry forward) when (re-)installing a new version of Quicken?
    By the way, what is your version of Quicken? Help / About Quicken

• Hal4443
    Hal4443 Member
    Options
    Checking the global setting as your request is "Cash box" is checked.
    Year=2020, Version=R24.11, Build=27.1.24.11
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last questions ...
    Are you re-using Saved Reports, saved in a prior version of Quicken?
    If so, recreate these reports from scratch and see if they work better.

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.

Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Hal4443
    Hal4443 Member
    Options
    I have been working with tech support online. I have the tax schedule report in cash basis, but the tax summary is accrual basis. will use tax schedule for now. will do the trouble shoot 101 tomorrow. appreciate your help. Have a great day.
This discussion has been closed.