How do I create an expense report for select categories for 2019 taxes?

Options
How do I create an expense report for select categories for 2019 taxes?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Click Reports > Create Transaction Report. In the next pane, select Categories, then click Continue to Customize. Next, choose Last Year for the date range. Click the Categories tab and choose the categories you want included. Click Ok.

If you want the same report without all the details, do the same, but start with Create Summary Report.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • danjackson1956
    Options
    Thank you for your help, but this reports the account balances from 2019, not the total expenditures in the selected categories. For tax purposes, it is important for list expense totals for each of the selected categories. Does that make sense?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    The Transaction report does not report account balances. It reports transactions with subtotals by category if that's the option you selected. Let's try some screenshots. First choose the report from the Reports menu:

Next,  choose Category for the rows:

Next, set the Date to last year and click OK:

This will result in a report that is organized by Category and Subcategory with subtotals for each and individual transactions listed. You can add or remove columns by clicking the Columns button. You can sort within Category by any column by clicking that column header.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • danjackson1956
    Options
    I appreciate your time, and expertise. However, the report still includes transactions which are allocations from paychecks, etc, and therefore add to the various categories. How do I create a report that only lists expenses? Thank you.
  • danjackson1956
    Options
    That was it - using the All transactions>Spending, then selecting the categories, the printing - thank you!
This discussion has been closed.