How to disable multiple tags

Somehow, I now have multiple tags, ie: ##:##

At the transaction, there is only one tag, the correct one. When I create a report I see the multiple tags in the above format.

How do I get my transactions back to a single tag?

I have no idea how the multiple tags were activated in the first place.

Quicken 2010 Deluxe. Thanks.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "At the transaction, there is only one tag, the correct one. When I create a report I see the multiple tags in the above format."
    That sounds like a report problem rather than a data problem.  Is that a 'saved' report?  How long has the problem been apparent?  Is there anything noteworthy about the second (erroneous) tag -- like they are all the same tag?

I'd try a newly generated report to see if shows up there.  I'd also try a different base report to see if the problem is narrow or wide.  I'd would also exit and restart Quicken to see if the problem fixes itself.  

There is nothing done to 'activate' multiple tags.  It is a natural expected behavior.  (I have many transactions tagged with 2 separate tags.)
  • ojann
    ojann Member ✭✭
    Thanks lurker. Tried multiple things. Only thing that worked was to create a new transaction that will repeat. Per the tech, nothing was amiss with tags list so it had to be that transaction. Validating didn't help either. Nor restarting. All fixed by creating a new transaction. Thanks for your suggestions.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got a Quicken tech to help you with QW2010?  That was above and beyond.  
This discussion has been closed.