How do I know if I'm up to date? (edited)

horseylady45
horseylady45 Member ✭✭
I have Quicken 2017......what is the latest update and can I use two different names and separate accounts for each

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The latest version of Quicken for Mac 2017 is 4.8.6

I don't fully understand what you mean by "use two different names and separate accounts for each" In the above version, you can have as many separate files as you want with each containing different accounts.

All your files will be under the same user ID, however. Perhaps that is what you are questioning.

Do note: support for online services of 2017 will cease around April 2020. That version is nearing the end of its supported life.
  • horseylady45
    horseylady45 Member ✭✭
    Thank you......what I mean is that I have two small entities that I do for extra money---one is horses......one is bookkeeping......would like to keep information I have already, which is all horses and start a new one for bookkeeping and keep both separate. Also, need to upgrade but don't know what to choose....need to stay as frugal as possible because I am a senior widow on fixed income.......thanks again
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Yes, you can have separate data files for your horses and another for your bookkeeping. At any time, you can File:New and create a new file to keep whatever accounts you want separate. You can create as many files as you want.

As far as which version of Quicken to get, you will have to get a subscription. If you aren't concerned about investments (or "premium") support, the Deluxe tier might be your best option. If you track investments, then you will have to go with Premier.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you aren't concerned about investments (or "premium") support, the Deluxe tier might be your best option. If you track investments, then you will have to go with Premier.
    Actually, Quicken Deluxe has all the investment functionality. The only thing you get by stepping up to Quicken Premier is priority access to phone support and Quicken Bill Pay.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • horseylady45
    horseylady45 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your help!!!
This discussion has been closed.