Transition from Quicken 2017 to Q 2020 Premier: should I wait until I change PCs?

Options
I currently have Q 2017 Premier R19.8 on a desktop with Win 7 which is running fine so I'm not in a rush to convert. My data file was created many years ago - maybe 2007 or so. I just bought Quicken 2020 Premier subscription to get the better price before the offer expires.
But -- I plan to buy and move to a new Win 10 Pro desktop in the next month. My question: Any pros/cons to consider on downloading/installing Q2020 Premier now, versus waiting to download and install after I move to the new PC??

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where did you purchase Quicken Subscription? If it was from Quicken you might as well get a new computer now and load Quicken Subscription since your subscription started on the day of purchase.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Deborah Santone
    Options
    Yes I bought it from Quicken and I understand the subscription clock has started - not a big deal to me. I guess my real question is whether it might be any technical reasons that it would be easier/safer to wait and update Quicken database on the Windows 10 platform than to do it now on my current Win7 PC and then port to new machine.
This discussion has been closed.