Quicken 2016 - How do I login ?

I just updated to Quicken 2016 (way behind). Now i can't open the program or access my files because it keeps asking for a login. It doesn't accept my intuit login and won't let me create one.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Q2016 is a Quicken product - no longer intuit. If you have not created a quicken.com account, that seems to be the issue.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT - updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intuit login?  Intuit hasn't owned Quicken for several years so the Intuit login no longer works with Quicken.  If you haven't already set up a Quicken.com account you need to do that first and then use your Quicken.com login information.
    Quicken purchased programs have online services licenses that are good for only 3 years and support for Quicken 2016 expired on 4/30/2019.  You need to upgrade to be able to use the online services but you should still be able to use the Quicken 2016 software if all you want to do is manually create/update all your accounts and don't care about downloading account information and securities prices.
    If you want to use Quicken's online services you need to upgrade to their subscription program.  Subscriptions last for 1-2 yrs depending on which you purchase.  You can buy a subscription via Quicken.com or you can buy it for lower cost from any number of online retailers.  Just make sure if you buy it from a retailer that it is Quicken 2017 or higher, that it clearly states the length of the subscription, that it includes the activation code and that the retailer is reputable.  (You could buy a Quicken 2017 non-subscription program but online services support for that will end on 4/30/2020 so that would be a waste of money.)  Once you install the subscription program (it doesn't matter which year it is) and activate it you will be upgraded to the latest version for no additional cost.  You will also receive future upgrades for free as they become available for as long as your subscription is active.
    If, however, you still want to use Quicken 2016 and don't care about the online services you might want to read https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-update-quicken-windows and scroll down to "Quicken 2016 or Older".

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you install an older version you first need to update it.  One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jemundy
    jemundy Member
    Thanks everyone for replying. I've updated and am now in.
This discussion has been closed.