I am trying to add an ALLY Invest Brokerage Account

Brent Meyers
Brent Meyers Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in Investing (Windows)
When I try to add my ALLY INVEST Securities account to Quicken it can find the account but fails to find the correct information to download. Is there a way to to download the whole account or do I need to enter each investment individually into the account and keep it updated manually? Any suggestions would be welcome. This is my first attempt at setting up a Brokerage Account in Quicken, Quicken Subscription 2020.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know they had added an Investment side....
    Can you log into the ALLY website and see your Investment account & data ?
    So - walking thru the Quicken process....
    - Add Account ---> find Ally Invest in the Brokerage section -
    - enter your Ally user ID /password - and Quicken connects & finds your accounts
    - Quicken then adds your accounts, and downloads any beginning transactions
    Which part of this process is causing the problem ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Brent Meyers
    Brent Meyers Member ✭✭✭
    This is the response I received from ALLY Invest Securities about Quicken downloads through One Step Update.

From ALLY Bank 02/07/2020
    Thank you for contacting Ally Invest.
    I show that your account has been invested at this time. Our clearing firm has canceled their relationship with Quicken therefore, you would be unable to link the accounts and allow automatic import. You can, however, download your activity and import it to Quicken. This can be done by navigating to Investment Account> Tax Center> Quicken Download. If you have any further questions please let us know.

Sincerely,
    Ashley
    Client Services
    Ally Invest
    PO Box 30248, Charlotte, NC 28230
    (855) 880-2559

The download works to update transactions.
  • studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Thanks! That works for manual download. I searched for a download button for about an hour and couldnt find it. Didnt look under Tax Center. :-(

wags Glad to be here!

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    It hasn't worked with OSU because the account is "unknown type"

wags Glad to be here!

• I can confirm the attempts to add Ally to Quicken returning the "unknown type" resulting in the inability to add the account.
  • Brent Meyers
    Brent Meyers Member ✭✭✭
    This is the response I received from ALLY Invest Securities about Quicken downloads through One Step Update.

From ALLY Bank 02/07/2020
    Thank you for contacting Ally Invest.
    I show that your account has been invested at this time. Our clearing firm has canceled their relationship with Quicken therefore, you would be unable to link the accounts and allow automatic import. You can, however, download your activity and import it to Quicken. This can be done by navigating to Investment Account> Tax Center> Quicken Download. If you have any further questions please let us know.

Sincerely,
    Ashley
    Client Services
    Ally Invest
    PO Box 30248, Charlotte, NC 28230
    (855) 880-2559

The download works to update transactions.

I manually created the Brokerage Account in Quicken, then downloaded using the steps above, Quicken will update the quotes (based on stock symbols) during One-Step-Update if you enable it. The Ally download will provide the transaction updates. Ally will not support One-Step-Update connections from Quicken.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our clearing firm has canceled their relationship with Quicken therefore, you would be unable to link the accounts and allow automatic import.
    Weird that it would still show up on the Add Account screen -
    AND - still has the download protocols listed internally -
    I wonder if their Clearing House never informed Quicken of the change -
    07496    07496    07496    Ally Invest Securities    https://www.ally.com/    1-877-247-2559    https://secure.ally.com/    ACTIVE        
    INVESTMENT&WEB-CONNECT        
    INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Brent Meyers
    Brent Meyers Member ✭✭✭
    There is a section on the ALLY web site to link an API to the Invest accounts but it also does not recognize Quicken. This may be a route that Quicken could take to allow direct downloads of transactions. That said - I find the manual process works fine for me, I'm not a heavy trader and have few transactions to download. The future will hold more problems for software like Quicken as security and data access protection steps up.
This discussion has been closed.