How to get sector reports for investment holdings in QM

I"m trying to figure how to get a report on a subsector of my investment holdings. If QM had a wider range of choices for its "Security Type" or "Asset Class", this would take care of itself. But there are no Types for Preferreds or REITs etc so I tried to get around this by adding tags to everything. for the subsectors that interest me - debentures, eg. But now I'm trying to get a report for how my REITS have done over the last year and the tags thing doesn't work in the Portfolio view, or under the Reports tab.

_unrealizedgains doesn't work for me in the Tax Schedule Report.

Can anyone tell me how to get a report of how a subclass of my holdings have performed where they are not in the lame list of asset classes that QM permits?

Best Answer

Answers

• Stephen Fisher
    Stephen Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response. I think, as you pointed out the tags don't serve to provide  helpful portfolio information, just for transactions.  Quicken could also remedy this.  They just have to allow grouping by Tags in the 'Portfolio-Performance-Group by' view - in addition to the Type, Asset Class and Security options.
  • Stephen Fisher
    Stephen Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    And I would add that for software that holds itself out as being for tracking investments, QM is pretty pathetic, only allowing its own limited view of investments instead of giving the user that control
This discussion has been closed.