Why does Quicken R25.10 open with background logon screen for Quicken.com* ?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sam28 said:  it was just a gray area, nothing else.
    The data would not load or show until your data file was entered.
    YUP - just a cloudy day -  R24.14 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• sam28
    sam28 Member ✭✭
    My only concern is that the R25.1 version which now loads this background screen has some program bug that would impact the Quicken program itself. Would this corrupt program operation or damage the data file in some manner.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    sam28 said:
    My only concern is that the R25.10 version which now loads this background screen has some program bug that would impact the Quicken program itself. Would this corrupt program operation or damage the data file in some manner.
    Well - when Quicken updates happen, there is usually a Backup that is created prior to the update.... You should also be taking Backups of your Quicken data file.
    Anway - whenever there is an update to Quicken,
    there are usually 3 things that happen....
    1 - they add some NEW features
    2 - they fix some OLD bugs
    3 - they BREAK something that has been working for years

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    Is anyone ELSE getting a Kaspersky (or other internet security) warning about your web camera trying to be activated now, in addition to this new screen?
  • ppayne
    ppayne Member
    Hi
    Blank Password screen
    I had the same trouble. I am on Win 10. I found a TEMP. work a round.
    You might try this: Note This the only way I could login was, after the upgrade to Quicken 2020

1.Restart win 10 to safe mode with network support.
    2. connect your pc to the network via the Ethernet port
    3 then start quicken 2020

That is when the login page would work for me.
    After a successful Login, restart your pc as normal. Start Quicken
    This worked for me, but you may have to do again if are required to log in
    to your Quicken ID some time in the future Good Luck
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jjkrogs said:
    Is anyone ELSE getting a Kaspersky (or other internet security) warning about your web camera trying to be activated now, in addition to this new screen?
    Hi @"jjkrogs ,

I would suggest that you start over and disable Kaspersky Real-Time Virus Scanning.

See this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Since the R25.10 update, I am being prompted to logon instead of loading the Quicken file. The program then crashes. Please fix this problem, Quicken support. Your software is too expensive to be this buggy.
  • John Niemeyer
    John Niemeyer Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    How do i stop the "Quicken ID" from loading every time i open Quicken?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just to clarify - always good to include
    What version .... Help --> About Quicken
    Are you referring to the Quicken Logon screen - at Quicken startup ?
    Are you forced to enter your ID / password - or does the screen just go away.
    There were reports of some anomolies with release R25.10 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the Quicken logon screen appears...
    Do you actually enter your ID / password - and then it crashes...
    or.... does it just crash before you do anything -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sorry for the lack of info. It Is Quick 2020, R25.10. The screen just goes away after 10 seconds or so.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    tnx - this appears to be a new problem with R25.10
    EDIT - updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    So you would like me to reduce my entire system's protection so that I can run a single piece of software that was just fine until the update 2 days ago?
  • gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
    No. The ID/password screen comes in behind the data file password dialog. As soon as you give focus to the data file password dialog, the window turns light and Quicken shuts down. Doesn't happen every time, just often enough to be irritating. Never happened before R25.10.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    gmk3 said:
    No. The ID/password screen comes in behind the data file password dialog.
    ok - tnx for the updated description... which is different than the orig - but still bad -
    As mentioned - there have been other reports of the double screen issue,
    but not crashing...   have requested these different threads be merged
    [removed self-referencing link]

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @thecreator said:
    > (Quote)
    > Hi @""Cris Williams" ,
    >
    > Unless you are switching between two or more Data Files, I would suggest that you reinstall Quicken according to this procedure. Works just fine, as long as you don't skip a step:   https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions
    >
    > Having just one Data File, I closed and re-open Quicken and I see / saw no problems.

Firstly, if you would tag usernames properly it might help to delivery notifications that there has been activity on a post.

Secondly, why do I have to uninstall and reinstall Quicken (which was working JUST FINE) just because a jacked-up, poorly-tested update was released? That's an unacceptable suggestion.

The Quicken folk need to fix their broken crap and actually test it.
  • Kenneth Goodwin
    Kenneth Goodwin Member ✭✭✭
    A new wrinkle that only seems to show up on one of my three Windows 10 computers. When I open Quicken and I'm asked for my data file password, within 5 seconds the Quicken ID sign-in page appears in the background. When I enter my data file password, as the computer is heading toward the program main screen, the Quicken ID sign in page dissappears and the program opens on the main screen. So it isn't a problem per se but having the Quicken ID page show up every time I open Quicken is odd, especially since the problem only happens on my main desktop computer and not on my other two desktop/laptop computers. When I Check Membership Status under the Help menu heading, the response is "Your Membership is up to date". I can sign in to my Quicken account with no problems. I've installed a Mondo patch hoping it might clear up something - no joy, I still get the Quicken ID sign-in page. Any suggestions as how to return to what should be a normal program open sequence?
  • Kenneth Goodwin
    Kenneth Goodwin Member ✭✭✭
    I'll take part of this back. The Quicken ID screen does show up on my other computers - it just takes longer to appear. Makes sense since my main desktop is a lot faster than my laptop. So the problem doesn't seem to be related to just a specific machine or a specific qdata.qdf file either - it is a generic problem (at least for me). Maybe its worked this way for awhile but I just noticed it? Quicken Deluxe Release R 25.10 Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a new problem with R25.10 ...
    and have requested this thread be mereged with the other existing threads on the exact same topic -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Hi Tyka thanks but there is no edit or anything on the screen but the white box and for quicken on the top File and Help, neither have an edit option. I have even reset my windows, still the same thing, have uninstalled, reinstalled. called Microsoft as advise - still nothing works for this
  • dcholt
    dcholt Member
    Before I can try to fill in an email address and password for this popup Quicken login, it disappears and the app opens. Each time I log out I have an empty dat file on my desktop titled _Synchlog.dat
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's asking for an Intuit ID? Or a Quicken ID?
    About this .DAT file ... What is the complete file name of your Quicken data file  (e.g. C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\QDATA.QDF)?
    Assuming your Quicken data file is called QDATA.QDF ... Usually there are 2 DAT files, QDATA_Synclog.dat and QDATAOFXLOG.DAT in the same folder as your QDATA.QDF data file (and maybe a few others).

I suspect there may be a problem connecting your software registration and your data file to the Quicken server. Please try this:
    1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Click the "Sign in as a different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and Web" group.
    3. Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your current (correct) Quicken ID.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    @UKR - it's a new problem with R25.10 - not some obscure tech issue

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcholt said:
    Before I can try to fill in an email address and password for this popup Quicken login, it disappears and the app opens.
    just to clarify - What version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    As I just posted above - it's a new problem with R25.10 screens....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Steve299@
    Steve299@ Member ✭✭
    After updating to Quicken Deluxe 2020 Ver. R25.10 Build 27.1.25.10, every time I log into my Quicken file, I get the “Welcome to Quicken” screen asking for my Quicken ID and Password.
    1. If I put in my ID and Password, I am taken to a download Quicken screen. If I go ahead and download Quicken AGAIN, I am not taken to the expected install screen. If I go and find the Quicken.exe file and actually install Quicken AGAIN, the problem repeats, i.e. asked for ID again, taken to a download screen.
    2. If I ignore the ID and Password request, the ID and Password screen goes away and Quicken continues to load and works normally.
    3. Next time I log into Quicken, the same loop happens again.
    I have tried the “Validate and Repair” process as well as the “sign out and back in” process.
    I’ve been an avid Quicken user since 1993, updated Quicken every 2 years and now have a subscription.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a new problem with R25.10 -
    just wait & ignore the screen and it will go away as you have noted in #2

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Laszlo
    Laszlo Member
    I just recently updated from Quicken Deluxe 2017 to Quicken Deluxe subscription. After the ltest update was installed (25.1) everytime I start-up Quicken, the login screen briefly appears for like 2 seconds, but doesn't wait for me to enter anything, then loads normally. I have never seen this behavoir until now. Its not a big deal, but a bit annoying. Ahyat to turn this off? Thank you
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    I also have the same problem. It started after the last update. I have Deluxe 2020 ver R25.10 and Build 27.1.25.10. and yes it is very annoying.
  • wickerberry
    wickerberry Member ✭✭
    As many others have said this is a brand new bug introduced with R25.10 and needs to be fixed and agree it is annoying.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Here is the solution:
    1. Open Quicken and enter the File Password.
    2. Once you are at the Home Tab and see all the Accounts, click File.
    3. Click on Set Password for this data file...
    4. Click Use this data file without a password.
    5. Enter the existing password. Click OK.
    6. Close and reopen Quicken.
    7. Make sure that it opens just fine.
    8. Repeat Step 6.
    9. Now with Quicken open, click Set Password for this data file...
    10. Dot Set a custom password.
    11. Use a password with only letters and numbers.
    12. Create and Confirm password.
    13. Click OK.
    14. Close and reopen Quicken.
    15. You will get a Enter Password Screen, surrounded by the Gray screen.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.