Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time?

All day (Sunday, February 23) I have received this error when to attempting to download transactions. I receive it whether I am using 1-Step Update or within an individual account.

"Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes, then try again. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I have not found any discussion by others and wonder if I am only one receiving this message. If you have any suggestions on how to resolve, if it is unique to me, then I am interesting in hearing them.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• bravo-golf-golf
    bravo-golf-golf Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Having already tried restoring from backup and deleting (successfully) and recreating (unsuccessfully since I still could not connect) connection information for all accounts.

This solved the problem:

1. Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts > click on sign in as a different user > type “Yes”> Click on Sign out
    --- This signed me out of my Subscription

2. Sign in with Subscription username and password.

3. Re-setup Online Services for my banking intuitions

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @bravo-golf-golf,

The good news is - you are not the only one getting this message - please see this message thread:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20068011#Comment_20068011

The bad news is that while we can't guarantee that the following approach to fixing the issue will work for you, some users have found that this guidance eliminates the problem:

1) Start by restoring a backup, the steps to do so are available here.

2) Then attempt to update the restored file.

Let us know if the trouble persists after completing the above.

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• That did not work. I already tried restoring file going back a month. I also tried deleting and recreating connection information for all account. Nothing works. I also noticed <FileName>_OldSyncLog.dat and <FileName>_SyncLog.dat files in Quicken directory. Not sure what those are for, but the dates on the files seems to coincide with the problem. The dates are recent and after the last time I was able to successfully update data from institutions. Thanks for getting back to me.
  • I'm running Quicken - Deluxe on Windows; Version: R25.10; Build: 27.1.25.10. My subscription is current and does not expire until November of 2020.
  • bravo-golf-golf
    bravo-golf-golf Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Having already tried restoring from backup and deleting (successfully) and recreating (unsuccessfully since I still could not connect) connection information for all accounts.

This solved the problem:

1. Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts > click on sign in as a different user > type “Yes”> Click on Sign out
    --- This signed me out of my Subscription

2. Sign in with Subscription username and password.

3. Re-setup Online Services for my banking intuitions
  • Thank you! This worked perfectly. I had gotten the online service N/A for three straight days. The "online service N/A" message wasn't convincing me to renew!

> @bravo-golf-golf said:
    > Having already tried restoring from backup and deleting (successfully) and recreating (unsuccessfully since I still could not connect) connection information for all accounts.
    >
    > This solved the problem:
    >
    > 1. Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts > click on sign in as a different user > type “Yes”> Click on Sign out
    > --- This signed me out of my Subscription
    >
    > 2. Sign in with Subscription username and password.
    >
    > 3. Re-setup Online Services for my banking intuitions
This discussion has been closed.