Cannot delete undated bill reminder

I have an undated bill reminder that I cannot delete. The error is "Could not delete item". I already have the latest version, have run the Validate and Repair.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, press Ctrl + J, select the undated reminder, press the Ctrl key and select Delete.
  • marierm
    marierm Member
    I just tried that but it didn't do anything.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please perform Step (2) in this document to run a special Validate process. This should help fix the broken reminder:

Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• marierm
    marierm Member
    When I tried to do the copy I got an error that said "File NOT copied".

I did it again with the Shift-Control option and opened the copied file.

I ran the Validate and Repair and got this message: "Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders."

I ran the Supervalidate and it reported no errors.

I closed and reopened the copied file, and this time it let me delete the errant reminder, but it also wiped out all but 2 of my items under "All Bills & Deposits". Although it does show them under Monthly Bills and Deposits, it does not show them under the Projected balances view, so this is not a solution I can live with unless I can get them added back to "All Bills & Deposits" and Projected Balances.
This discussion has been closed.