how to print part of a report

pamela77
pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
I have a transaction report for 2019 and I want to print only the health related categories. When I click on print report the little schematic is so small that I cannot see what pages the health transactions are on so that I can choose which pages to print. I tried condensing all the other categories so that the detail only shows on the heath categories,(that is what I used to do in quicken windows) but when I click print, it reverts to showing the full detail and being 57 pages. How can I print part of the report or get quicken to recognize that I have altered the report? Thank you.

Best Answer

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    My suggestion would be to create a new transaction report and choose only your health-related categories. To do this:

1. Click on "Create Transaction Report" from the Reports tab.
    2. Change the name from "Category Transaction" to something meaningful (such as Health Expenses).
    3. Depending on how you want the transactions displayed, choose the appropriate Row radio button. If you have subcategories for health expenses, you might want to choose "Category." You can also have the data summarized otherwise (by Payee, Tag, or Account). Since you're limiting the report to one year only, Time would probably not be helpful.
    4. Click on "Continue to Customize", choose the Date range, and then click on Categories. Hit "Clear All" and then choose just the Health categories you want.
    If you want to go back to the report later, click the drop down arrow on the Reports tab and you will find the report in the list.

Answers

• John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    My suggestion would be to create a new transaction report and choose only your health-related categories. To do this:

1. Click on "Create Transaction Report" from the Reports tab.
    2. Change the name from "Category Transaction" to something meaningful (such as Health Expenses).
    3. Depending on how you want the transactions displayed, choose the appropriate Row radio button. If you have subcategories for health expenses, you might want to choose "Category." You can also have the data summarized otherwise (by Payee, Tag, or Account). Since you're limiting the report to one year only, Time would probably not be helpful.
    4. Click on "Continue to Customize", choose the Date range, and then click on Categories. Hit "Clear All" and then choose just the Health categories you want.
    If you want to go back to the report later, click the drop down arrow on the Reports tab and you will find the report in the list.
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for that thorough answer!
This discussion has been closed.