QFX import trouble

Hello, I am a long time Quicken user but recently upgraded to Quicken Premier. I just can't seem to get things going. I have decided to just download the Web Connect (QFX) file from my bank and import it. I have watched the tutorial about five times, had it working at one point but just can't get it to import now. I download it to my computer then hit File, Import Web Connect File and choose the file I want to import. The screen flashes a bit and then nothing imports? I am just trying to import the latest transactions in this Savings account so not a big import. What am I missing? Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• SCARTER2020
    SCARTER2020 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Tyka. I am happy to say I figured this out on my own but will review this just in case something else isn't working. I finally figured out that it all came down to which area of Bank of America I was set up under. Now off to figure out where my attachments seem to be disappearing to :)

Answers

• JustMeHere
    JustMeHere Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well that sounds like Quicken doesn't think you have any new transactions in that QFX file.  Have you downloaded these transactions into the register before?

They won't be "new" to Quicken if you have downloaded them before and then deleted them.  The way it works is each transaction has an unique Id (the FITID field in the QFX file, which can be edited with a text editor). When you import a QFX file Quicken records these unique Ids in that register.  If it sees the same unique Id again, it will ignore it.
    Using Quicken Subscription Premier (and have a copy of Starter to test things on)
  • SCARTER2020
    SCARTER2020 Member ✭✭
    Hi JustMeHere, thank you for your response. Yes I have imported the transactions before and I have a few that are new but Quicken isn't seeing them as new. I'm back at it today, hope I can figure it out :)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hello @SCARTER2020

Thank you for the response!

If you are still experiencing trouble with importing a QFX file, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let me know if these steps help to correct the issue.

~~~***~~~
  • SCARTER2020
    SCARTER2020 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Tyka. I am happy to say I figured this out on my own but will review this just in case something else isn't working. I finally figured out that it all came down to which area of Bank of America I was set up under. Now off to figure out where my attachments seem to be disappearing to :)
This discussion has been closed.