Items in my budget aren't matching transactions

I am having a problem this month I have never experienced before. A line item in my budget doesn't match the underlying transactions in my account register. I'm worried this has happened before and I didn't notice it. The only reason I know for sure it is wrong because it has my income as the wrong number for the month. When I click on the link in my budget page it shows by 2 paychecks for the month but the Salary number is wrong for one of them. Off by a few hundred dollars. But when I go back to my checking account register and open the split on that transaction the Salary line is correct. So how can it be 2 different numbers for the same transaction?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Mike48
    Mike48 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @UKR said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > For the benefit of other users experiencing something similar, I'd appreciate if you could tell us what you had "screwed up" and what you had to do to fix it.Questions or discussions posted here typically are not deleted once the issue is solved, but eventually a Community moderator may close and/or archive the discussion.Thank you,
    > UKR

Within the Paycheck transaction split somehow what was supposed to be a payroll deduction expense got categorized to Salary. So the net deposit amount was correct and matched the downloaded transaction value. But the budget looked wrong because the deduction was netting out of Salary instead of being allocated to the correct Expense category.

Answers

• Mike48
    Mike48 Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > If you haven't
    > rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so
    > now and then try Quicken again.
    >
    > Still not working?
    >
    > Let's try some
    > "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and
    > updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    >
    > Please perform all the steps in this document:
    >
    > Troubleshooting
    > 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Turns out I had screwed something up and I found the error. Not sure if or how I can delete my question but I would. Thanks for trying to help!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike said:

Turns out I had screwed something up and I found the error. Not sure if or how I can delete my question but I would. Thanks for trying to help!
    For the benefit of other users experiencing something similar, I'd appreciate if you could tell us what you had "screwed up" and what you had to do to fix it.
    Questions or discussions posted here typically are not deleted once the issue is solved, but eventually a Community moderator may close and/or archive the discussion.
    Thank you,
    UKR

• Mike48
    Mike48 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    > @UKR said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > For the benefit of other users experiencing something similar, I'd appreciate if you could tell us what you had "screwed up" and what you had to do to fix it.Questions or discussions posted here typically are not deleted once the issue is solved, but eventually a Community moderator may close and/or archive the discussion.Thank you,
    > UKR

Within the Paycheck transaction split somehow what was supposed to be a payroll deduction expense got categorized to Salary. So the net deposit amount was correct and matched the downloaded transaction value. But the budget looked wrong because the deduction was netting out of Salary instead of being allocated to the correct Expense category.
This discussion has been closed.