Crashing with My Account

When I check My Account from the help menu the program crashes, anybody know why this happens or how to fix it?

Comments

• Hello hmday, thank you for reaching out.

I suggest checking to be sure you have the current software version downloaded: Help> Check for updates. If you do have the current software version, is it possible that a firewall is preventing the My Account feature from opening? Take a look at GEN82616 to determine if in fact a firewall block might be a factor.

Please let me know if this works to resolve the issue, or if you have already taken these steps, so that I can provide further assistance.

- Quicken Diana
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I see this as well in R25.18 3/2/20. Goes to BugSplat. I'm not using a firewall other than the Windows Defender that comes with Windows 10 and the one on my Asus home router.
    I doubt this is a firewall problem. Even if it were, Quicken should report that instead of crashing. But I can get to My Account via my Firefox browser with no problems.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response. I been seeing a lot of BugSplats! The program has become really unstable; frequent crashes, disappearing bills and lost budgets. I have validated the file and reinstalled the program, without much success. At this point I going to attempt a backup file from last October. I am rebuilding all my accounts. I hope this solves the problem.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you tried this yet?
    1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Click the "Sign in as a different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and Web" group.
    3. Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your current (correct) Quicken ID.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    UKR said:
    have you tried this yet?
    1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Click the "Sign in as a different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and Web" group.
    3. Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your current (correct) Quicken ID.
    I tried it. It crashed to BugSplat after step 2.
     But upon restarting Q and signing in, it did let me perform Help > My Quicken Account.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    yes a tried that several times as well, however it did not solve the problem
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    I rebuilt my file and accounts from a 10/1/19 backup. That seems to have fixed the problems....My theory is that something screwed up with the updates in either oct or nov 2019. Specifically, it was something related to the syncing feature. But who knows..thanks for the help.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @hmday ,

Now that you have fixed the problem, make sure that you make, at least, weekly Manual Backups, so you don't need to go back so far, in the future, to fix problems.

If you do a Manual Backup, prior to updating the program and the update creates a problem, simply restore the Manual Backup and get on with life.

Especially useful, if you lose Electricity.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.