Manually added transactions not saving to Quicken file for one user.

This question might not be in the right category, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Husband and I are long-time quicken users, currently 2020, R25.18m 27.125.18 on Windows. We use separate user accounts on the same Windows PC.

My husband's manual entries into the register are not being saved to the file that I open. I did a file validation from my user account, but that didn't fix the problem.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What's the last used file name, including drive letter and path, as used by your husband under his Windows account?
    What's the name, including drive letter and path, that you expect to open under your Windows account?
    Is it possible that, for some reason he changed to a different file name?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What's the last used file name, including drive letter and path, as used by your husband under his Windows account?
    What's the name, including drive letter and path, that you expect to open under your Windows account?
    Is it possible that, for some reason he changed to a different file name?
  • bbooks
    bbooks Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply! I was just about to tell you that we already checked that and it was the same file, but I double-checked and see that there IS a difference. Mine is ...Documents\Quicken\BACKUP\[filename] and his is ...Documents\Quicken\[filename]. My file is actually the most currently except for a few of his manual transactions.
  • bbooks
    bbooks Member ✭✭
    So, to fix this, should we?
    1. Collect an record any of his missing transactions to mine.
    2. Then close his Quicken app.
    3. Save my file to ...Documents\Quicken\[filename]
    4. Then when he opens Quicken again, he will have the updated file.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbooks said:
    So, to fix this, should we?
    1. Collect an record any of his missing transactions to mine.
    2. Then close his Quicken app.
    3. Save my file to ...Documents\Quicken\[filename]
    4. Then when he opens Quicken again, he will have the updated file.

Yes, that should work.
    Do verify that Quicken on your account knows to open the correct file and not the one from the Backup folder.
  • bbooks
    bbooks Member ✭✭
    Ah, yes. I will do that fist. Thanks.
  • bbooks
    bbooks Member ✭✭
    Thanks! It looks like we're good now. I just need to enter a few missing transactions. Thanks for the head's up so I double-checked!!!
This discussion has been closed.