Trying to convert 401K to an IRA.

Options
Using Quicken help I Followed steps in Converting a brokage account to a 401(K) or IRA Account. final step is aske to Click the Convert to a 401(K) or IRA button. There is no convert button. Don't know what to do

Best Answers

Answers

• Millardj
    Millardj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jim,
    Sorry didn't get back to you quicker, What your showing is what I want to get too. I don't have the options listed in screen shot. Screen I have hast the following; Account details, Account Name, Description, Account Type 401K or 403(b), Tax deferred yes no, Account holder, From Paycheck, Matching yes or no. Not sure how to attach a screen shot. Thank you;
    John
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK Thanks. So your title is correct but your first post talks about a brokerage account which in Quicken usually means a taxable account.

You are starting with a 401(k) and you want to convert it to an IRA.

Are you downloading transactions for this account or doing everything manually?

Has this change already occurred or is it in the future?

Is the new account a traditional IRA or a Roth?

What version of Quicken are you running? - Go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what it says there.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Millardj
    Millardj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jim, Yes I set up account wrong originally. Currently it set up as a 401 and I want to convert to a traditional IRA with several securities. I down load transactions to track growth, income, bye and sell securities. Currently using Quicken Premier 202 R25.8.
    Thank you
    John
  • Millardj
    Millardj Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jim Thank you for your help. John