Bills tab is blank

Options
I started transitioning to Quicken Bil Manager over the past two weeks. Tonight I got upgraded to Quicken 2020 R25.21. I went to enter a quicken redcard online bill. Found that it didn't work (no agreement yet). I went to enter it as a check pay bill. Very confusing and I think I probalby entered it twice because it never showed up. I think I entered it the second time (or maybe more). Now my Bills tab is entirely blank. I had about half a dozen pending or automatic payments that I can no longer see. I tried shutting down and restarting. I tried running the validate and repair. I tried doing an one step update (to old quicken billpay). Nothing changed. How do I get it back to at least maybe try to delete the manual target transaction>

Best Answer

• roadking_67
    roadking_67 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I was finally able to resolve the problem. I was dreading having to go to an older backup (from a month ago) and re-enter everything so I kept poking around. I also would stop and start quicken between every thing I tried.

I went to my Bill and income reminders. I had transactions in the current month for Target Bank (which I think was left over from quicken bill pay). Restart. No luck Bills and Income->Bills tab still blank

I went to my projected balances tab on the Bills & Income tab. There was an entry for Target card services (which I had entered for quicken bill manager). I edited then deleted this. Restart. No luck.

I re ran File->File Operations-> Validate and Repair. This ran with seemingly nothing relevant logged. Restart. The tab was visible again. All of my pending payments were visible. After a quick backup, I tried making payments and it worked.

So I believe the winning sequence was
    Go to Bill & Income -> Projected balances tab
    - delete what you suspect to be bad transactions (for me everything broke after I entered Target so I keyed on that).
    - Restart (probably not necessary)
    - File->File Operations-> Validate and Repair.
    - Restart (possibly not necessary)

Good luck to others with the same problem!

Answers

• roadking_67
    roadking_67 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I was finally able to resolve the problem. I was dreading having to go to an older backup (from a month ago) and re-enter everything so I kept poking around. I also would stop and start quicken between every thing I tried.

I went to my Bill and income reminders. I had transactions in the current month for Target Bank (which I think was left over from quicken bill pay). Restart. No luck Bills and Income->Bills tab still blank

I went to my projected balances tab on the Bills & Income tab. There was an entry for Target card services (which I had entered for quicken bill manager). I edited then deleted this. Restart. No luck.

I re ran File->File Operations-> Validate and Repair. This ran with seemingly nothing relevant logged. Restart. The tab was visible again. All of my pending payments were visible. After a quick backup, I tried making payments and it worked.

So I believe the winning sequence was
    Go to Bill & Income -> Projected balances tab
    - delete what you suspect to be bad transactions (for me everything broke after I entered Target so I keyed on that).
    - Restart (probably not necessary)
    - File->File Operations-> Validate and Repair.
    - Restart (possibly not necessary)

Good luck to others with the same problem!
This discussion has been closed.