I cannot import transactions from CrossFirst Bank business account

leslieb6117
leslieb6117 Member ✭✭
I have a business accoutn which required dual authenication; therfore could not download transactions directly while in Quicken. I had been downloading the transactions as a QIF file and when I did that while I had quicken open it would allow me to directly import the transactions into Quicken. Now when I download transactions as a QIF it says what App do you want to open the file. I have Quicken for Home business and rental property and it says I have the most current release 2.25.21. What do I do now the be able to import my bank transactions into Quicken.

Answers

• leslieb6117
    leslieb6117 Member ✭✭
    I did see where QIF don't work for bank accounts (although it has always worked in the past). See attached picture. The last QIF import I did was 2/9/20 and it worked fine. No longer working. When I click on the link on the Quicken page, it takes me to a page "that is no longer working".
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @leslieb6117,

It is odd that you were able to import .qif files - did you recently move to the Q subscription?

Anyway - can you give us some additional information, so that we can help you?

1) What is the name of the name of your bank?
    2) Do you know whether your bank allows/supports downloading a qfx file format?

Ger back to me and we'll see what we can do going forward.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• leslieb6117
    leslieb6117 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, I did not move to the Q subscription the name of my Bank is CrossFirst Bank and it does not allow qfx file format. Prior to now, I would open Quicken - go to my bank website and download the transactions in a QIF file. I would go back to quicken and it would ask me which account I want to put the transactions into - it was easy, now cannot do that. I even tried saving the QIF file and importing it through Quicken but that is not working. The only downloads my back allows in QIF, QuickBooks, PDF and CSV File.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @leslieb6117,

Thanks for the info.  This is interesting - according to your bank's website - it supports Quicken Direct Connect, which is actually the best type of connection for Quicken interactions.  So that leads me to ask - why have you been using a more laborious and much less reliable process of downloading and importing data through use of QIF files?  Did you have some issues while using Direct Connect that caused you to go the download route?

My advice to fix your current problems, to make your data and process more reliable AND to make your life easier would be for you to setup your bank accounts using Direct Connect.  To do that you will need to first "deactivate" your accounts at the bank in Quicken and then follow this guidance https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Let me know if you have any problems or questions going forword.

Frankx 

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• leslieb6117
    leslieb6117 Member ✭✭
    CrossFirst does allow direct connect for my consumer personal account and I use it for that. The account I am having a problem with is a business account which requires dual log in and therefore I am unable to use direct for my business accounts with CrossFirst. Again, I am curious what has changed with Quicken since February 9, 2020 which no longer allows my to import a QIF file directly into quicken like I did before
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @leslieb6117,

Two comments:

a) On the "unable to use" DC for the business a/c - have you tried this recently?  I have been successful in using it with MFA, so if it failed previously, I suggest that you may want to try it again.

b) On the "what has changed with Quicken" such that you can't use the QIF file approach...  To be honest, I don't know how you were able to use that previously, since Quicken hasn't permitted QIF importing to bank account for some time now.  I know there is a work around in which one would import the banking QIF file to a non-banking Q account (such as an asset account register) and then copy & paste those transactions to a bank account, but I don't think that is what you were doing, so I am baffled that you were recently able to do what you described.

Frankx