Quicken 2017 Deluxe to Quicken Deluxe (2-Year)

Options
I purchased the Quicken 2017 Deluxe from amazon.com a couple of years ago.
I want to upgrade to the current version. What are the necessary steps?

If I purchase the Quicken Deluxe (2 year) from a promotion from quicken.com, do I just download and install? Does the installation take care of existing program and install over it?
I dont have to uninstall the current version? I just run the install program?

Thanks in advances

Best Answers

Answers

• chazter
    chazter Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @chazter,
    >
    > You are in the same bus as a lot of folks whose Q 2017 program will be no longer supported by Quicken.  I think this link will answer most, if not all, of your questions. 
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-upgrade-newer-version-quicken-windows
    >
    > Take a look and if you have any follow-ups, feel free to post here again and we;ll try to address them.
    >
    > Good luck & stay safe! 
    >
    > Frankx

Thank you Frankx. There was a link from your post which answered my concern.

“Do I have to uninstall my old version first?”

You won't have to worry about uninstalling your old version of Quicken before installing your new one. Quicken will uninstall your old version for you first before installing your new version.
  • chazter
    chazter Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @thecreator said:
    > Hi @chazter ,
    >
    > See this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions
    >
    > I wrote up the procedure, because Quicken Support, could not solve my problem with the Annual Privacy Notice, that would appear over and over again.
    >
    > And only a Clean reinstall, fixed the problem.
    >
    > If you buy from Quicken, it is Automatically activated. If you buy from another Retailer, it requires an Activation Code,
    >
    > Please don't skip a step.

TheCreator,
    Thanks so much. This is very helpful.
  • heidiburkett
    heidiburkett Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am pretty sure I uninstalled my old program. We read that it wouldn't go away but we can get on now. I don't want to lose what I already had in Quicken..How how can I get the old back where I can at least refer to it if I need to do so.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @heidiburkett.

How how can I get the old back where I can at least refer to it if I need to do so.
    Your data is not part of the program that you uninstalled - your datd is contained in your QDF (Quicken Data File) and that doesn't go away - your new program uses that (unless for some unknown reason you choose to start from scratch and create a new data file).  In addition, hopefully you are regularly "backing-up" your QDF, which means if something does go wrong, you won't lose much (or maybe any) data.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.