How verify access to directory?

Options
Installing Q Deluxe, I get: "Error writing to C/Programfiles/Quicken/qw.exe. Verify that you have access to that directory."
How do I do that? The installation program wiped out my prior version (2013) and I can't re-install it either.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @ingramgill,

That error message is not being generated by Quicken, it is coming from your computer operating system.  Here are the steps that you should take:

Solution:
    1. Sign in as Administrator.
    2. Go to C:\Program Files.
    3. Right-click on Autodesk folder and click Properties.
    4. Go to Security tab.
    5. Click Edit... to change permissions.
    6. In the new dialog box, click Administrators and then check the box Full Control below. Then do the same for Users.
    7. Click Apply and OK to apply changes.
    Let us know how his goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• ingramgill
    ingramgill Member
    Options
    I don't have an "Autodesk" file in either Program Files or Program Files (x86). I'm running WIN 10.And I don;t get anything searching the laptop for Autodesk.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He meant --> Quicken -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think @Frankx was a bit quick on the trigger and sent his response without reviewing and editing it as needed.
    To install Quicken or any other software on a Windows computer, you need to use a Windows User Account with full Administrator privileges.
    Logon to this account and run the installation process again.
This discussion has been closed.