Check Mark in "Clear" for reconciliations

I would like a way to disable this feature so that I can always see the unreconciled without having to clear filters and then choose the filter again - kind of annoying.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It sounds like maybe you're looking for a way not to have transactions marked as cleared until you reviewed them. But cleared is not really related to review; it simply means that the bank has processed the transaction. Since that is true when you download, the Clr box gets checked.

But if I'm understanding what you're trying to do (which is really view only un-reviewed transactions), here's how.

1. Make sure the Status column is visible in the register (it's the one labeled with a black dot at the top). 
    2. Click the Status filter and choose Not Reviewed.
    3. You will now see only transactions that you've not reviewed (even though they may be cleared).
    4. As you review them, click the blue dot (or blue pencil if matched) and choose Reviewed. The blue dot/pencil will disappear as will the transaction from the Not Reviewed filter.
    5. When you're done, clear the filters.

I hope this workflow will accomplish what you're looking for.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited March 2020
    Hello @mezeltt,

Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with the Community, although I apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Quicken>About Quicken.

To clarify, what specific filter are you using to determine unreconciled transactions? 

I suggest adding the "clr" column to your Quicken register(s), which displays a blue checkmark for a "cleared" transaction and a green checkmark for a "reconciled" transaction. This requires no filter to view either status.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve this matter for you!

-Quicken Natalie

• mezeltt
    mezeltt Member
    I just don't want the clr automatically checked after updating from the "linked sites". like to view only the "uncleared" transactions.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    It sounds like maybe you're looking for a way not to have transactions marked as cleared until you reviewed them. But cleared is not really related to review; it simply means that the bank has processed the transaction. Since that is true when you download, the Clr box gets checked.

But if I'm understanding what you're trying to do (which is really view only un-reviewed transactions), here's how.

1. Make sure the Status column is visible in the register (it's the one labeled with a black dot at the top). 
    2. Click the Status filter and choose Not Reviewed.
    3. You will now see only transactions that you've not reviewed (even though they may be cleared).
    4. As you review them, click the blue dot (or blue pencil if matched) and choose Reviewed. The blue dot/pencil will disappear as will the transaction from the Not Reviewed filter.
    5. When you're done, clear the filters.

I hope this workflow will accomplish what you're looking for.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.