Calendar - How to set it up for the 3rd Wednesday of the month

Options
I am having real issues with the calendar on income if i set it up on the 3rd Wednesday of the month which is when our checks come if i go to the next it will be a couple of days before Wednesday or a couple of days later if i change the date on that month and go back to the month before the income payment is gone. when i was beta testing i commented about the fact i could no longer set the calendar for the third Wednesday of the month any more and they was going to elevate it to engineering to correct the problem. the way this is setup it is a pain.

Best Answer

Answers

• Richard Sturgeon
    Richard Sturgeon Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Latest and greatest 2020
  • Richard Sturgeon
    Richard Sturgeon Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok i found a cure for the way quicken is running i am not sure of this the way it should work I will have to set the day to one go set day of the week to Wednesday go back to the date then i can set it to the 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th week the year i am using is 2020 version R 25.20
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok i found a cure for the way quicken is running i am not sure of this the way it should work I will have to set the day to one go set day of the week to Wednesday go back to the date then i can set it to the 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th week the year i am using is 2020 version R 25.20

It's been discussed and documented in the Community that the process of setting up a reminder and making it execute on, e.g., the 3rd Wednesday of a month is perhaps a little quirky.
    If you fill out the form's "How often" fields from left to right and you set the third field to 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th, then the next field will allow you to select a weekday. Logic dictates that, for regular monthly scheduling purposes, there is no such thing as a 5th ... 31st Wednesday (even if a month occasionally may have a partial 5th week).
    Oh, and never mind setting the Due on date / Start Date in that case. Once you select the 3rd Wednesday, the Start date will advance to the proper next due date.
This discussion has been closed.